WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- It is the end of April!
- Our build today should have this capability built in. I haven't tried it yet, but if works as advertised, should radically improve the life of Eclipse committers and contributors.
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
- Ready to declare latest build?
Remember we need to ramp down!
- M7 04/30
- RC1 05/14 (followed by weekly RCs, if needed)
- Final WTP 3.2 build 06/10
- (06/23 Helios Release)
See "references"  for detailed explanation of what these dates mean.
- New "releng tests"
- Let's do pseudo-translation tests? This coming week?
- High level "What's new and cool in Helios Release"
- Support for creating, running, and debugging applications written for the latest Java EE Specifications (Java EE 6). This includes :Servlet 3.0, JPA 2.0, JSF 2.0, and EJB 3.1.
- New support for Webservices runtimes JAX-WS 2.1, and JAX-RS 1.1.
- Greater flexibility and power in specifying the project layout for deployment and export.
- Hotbug Policy
- Our plan dates are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for some "Simultaneous Release" due dates ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'll not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.