WTP Development Status Meeting
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Remember, any committer can add an agenda item. Typically, short announcements or news items go in the "Announcements" section at the beginning. Longer items or issues requiring discussion should go in the "Other business" section at end.
Announcements And Special Reports
- Remember to comment open/pending CQs with 'required for helios' if required for helios.
(Weekly Google Calendar updated through June, 2010)
For Galileo and Helios overall dates, see a Simultaneous Release Calendar
Quality Focus Items (Neil)
- Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before Jan 1st, 2010 (Current: 18, Last week: 20)
- Mark invalid patches as obsolete
- Target bugs to a release or "future" if not a current release
- Ready to declare latest build?
See also the Galileo ramp down dates
WTP 3.1.2 - Galileo SR2
- 02/05 M Build for SR2 RC3 Can this be our final build? (PMC +2 after this build declared)
- 02/12 R Build Final Build (PMC +3 after this build -- typically only "damaging" bugs approved).
- (02/26 Galileo SR2) (WTP 3.1.2) (fourth Friday of February)
- The time between 2/12 and 2/26 is meant for final adopter testing, web pages, update testing, etc.
- Required PMC Review remains in effect.
Galileo Maintenance Plan
See WTP_3.1.x_Maintenance for documentation of scope of maintenance and approvals required.
- No Build to declare this week (Planning week)
- Who knew Ubuntu? (See Target Environments)
- M6 03/12 - API, UI Freeze. Accessibility Reports.
- M7 04/30
- RC1 05/14 (followed by weekly RCs, if needed)
- Final WTP 3.2 build 06/10
- (06/23 Helios Release)
Note: these (and our plan dates) are on 'Friday' of the week. But, we produce and test the build on Thursday of the week, and ideally declare on Thursday. The dates in the Google Web Tools group calendar are for 'Thursdays' since that's a calendar for committers. We give ourselves the buffer to Friday, as our "public" date, that others can pick up our build, just in case a regression is found on Thursday and we have to respin and retest. [Technically, some might say, we still have till the following Tuesday or Wednesday for "Simultaneous Release" due date ... but it's hard to do much in that window, without disrupting everyone ... so we'd not use that buffer, except for the worst emergencies.]
- we require some
quickchanges for JUnit V4
See also the WTP Meeting Archive-Reference Page.