WTP Development Status Meeting 2008-02-28
Announcements And Reports
- WTP 2.0.2 delivered Monday Feb 25, Congrats & Thank you! : )
- Europa Simultaneous Release on Friday, 2/29!
Focus on Backlog and Quality metrics (Neil)
Current Focus Item
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before January 1st, 2008 (Last week - 70; Currently ~ 44)
- Options are
- Target bug for a release or "future"
- Mark as Invalid or Wont Fix
- Minutes: Note sent to Kate Price (Documentation) (current leader at 6 ... though seveal 5s too)
Upcoming Focus Item
Past Focus Items
- Untargeted Enhancements opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 62; Currently ~ 58)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 109
- Options are
- Invalid - Enhancement does not fit with the scope of the project or is already implemented.
- helpwanted keyword - This is a valid request, but due to committer resources and other priorities, outside help will be needed to make this happen.
- Future - I would use this in conjunction with the helpwanted keyword. I use this for legitimate requests that are important but will not make any planned release, but likely will make a future release.
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 2; Currently ~ 0)
- Before July 1st, 2007 - 21
Focus on Requirements Planning (Raghu)
- Review and Update the WTP 3.0 Plan by April 7
- Projects with no committed items: none
- Please update status page
- Please review untriaged enhancement requests
- Reminder: Any feature work that slips past M6 needs PMC review, and needs to be explicitly listed on ramp down page. (Before the end of M6!)
- David will update docs and send reminder note.
- Document updated to clarify policy. See WTP 3.0 Ramp down Plan for Ganymede
- Done, Thank you!
- 2.0.2 Release Page
- Test Results
- Schedule - Details...
- Last M Build Jan 18
- Feb 1 RC1
- Feb 15 RC2 (RC2, bugs from Feb 1 - Feb 15 will need 1 PMC approval vote)
- Feb 22 RC3 (RC3 only if necessary, bugs from Feb 15 -> Feb 22 will need 2 PMC approval votes)
- Feb 25 2.0.2 WTP GM
- Feb 29 2.0.2 Public access
- Bug Lists
- All Remaining 2.0.2 Targeted Bugs (~5)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 2.0.2 Bugs for PMC Approval (~0)
- 2.0.2 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 2.0.2 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~97)
- 2.0.2 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~8)
- 2.0.2 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~22) By Assignee
- Remaining 2.0.2 Targeted Bugs to be closed if already fixed or moved out of 202
Post WTP 2.0.2
- Currently 3 known "bad bugs" (critical, major, hotbugs)
- Do we need a 2.0.3 release?
- The PMC recommends we produce official patches, regression test, and release those to update site
Minutes: No objections. David to update process docs and propose specific dates.
WTP 3.0 M6
- our +2 date: Monday, April 7 2008
- Final Code released by March 28th
- Plan 02/18 - 02/22
- Development 02/25 - 03/28
- Test 03/31 - 04/04
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 Invalid Targeted Bugs (~3)
- 3.0 M6 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~24)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~164)
- 3.0 M6 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~138)
- 3.0 M6 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 3.0 M6 Hot Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M6 Blockers/Criticals (~1)
- 3.0 M6 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~51)
- 3.0 M6 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~28)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~32) By Assignee
Performance Focus (Kaloyan)
Some (possible) progress on debugging the problem with running the tests. Seems related to org.eclipse.test.performance
We'll begin having weekly performance section to review tests and test results.
Current ones will be ending soon. Kaloyan volunteered to explore the new Platform API tools, to make recommendations to WTP or build process.
- Any questions? Objections?
- No objections ... committers reminded to stay familiar with it, as it documents "permissible changes" and other processes.
- Do we still need component.xml files? (from the platform)
- None known.
- Are there volunteers to explore (and make recommendations on) the Platforms new API tools?
- Kaloyan will look into them.
- David: we need to change how we generate our javadoc in the build -- project by project, or component by component.
- Tim has volunteered to do something for the server project, and recommend to others (might check with Nick Bolt on this).
- We will be changing the way we generate source features/plugins
- See bug 132094 for details, implications, and links to more info.
- Design meetings ... are they happening?
- JSF-SSE-Validation? (Nitin will follow up).
- JSDT-Facets? (Brad thought would still be worth while, perhaps walk through of current design/behavior).
- Introductions: Philippe introduced himself (as new lead of ATF Project). Gave brief description of current dependencies (core, server, sse) and plans related to WTP (esp. WYSIWYG editor).
- Brief discussion of broken link on WTP page ... turned out to be a bad URL in our project metadata.
- And mentioned Helen will be tracking down other broken links :)
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Working on updating bug backlogs
- Planning for M6
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs/RFEs.
- Fixing bugs and implementing RFEs.
- Planning for M6.
- JPT 2.0
- Planning for M3
- Property Editor prototype
- JSPX support investigation
- XHTML support investigation
- will soon remove wst common ui properties. See bug 131862.
- will soon start signing all jars. Teams will have to be on the look out for performance problems, in M6. If any, it would effect those cases where custom class loaders are used, as that might result in repeated class
- Branching Strategy
- Please review and comment on the WTP How to: Branching Policy and Practices guide.
- In general, the minimum is if you branch a plug-in to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. It is fine to branch everything if you choose as well. We may need to reorganize map files slightly and we can investigate that on a case by case basis. This is intended to be a living document and open to evolutions and improvements.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- Bug Day
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~227)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~159)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~1532)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3168)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~166)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~229)
- All API Requests (~9)