WTP Development Status Meeting 2007-11-15
Announcements And Reports
- CVS Restructuring defered till Friday while working on M3
- Eclipse DemoCamp
- EclipseCon 2008 submissions due November 19th
- I have suggested two "virtual teams" to focus on two series of tutorials:
- How to extend WTP (Konstantin, Nitin, Chuck, Kaloyan)
- How to use WTP (Jason, Kathy, Naci, Neil, Raghu)
- My note and invitation on newsgroup applies to all committers as well!
Action Items For Project Leads
- Primary website Landing Page needs new Projects. See bug 201331.
Bob: EJB still outstanding, will contact Naci, will move on to complete project David: incubator project still needed
Focus on Backlog and Quality metrics (Neil)
Neil: Untargeted Enhancement is still the focus
- Current Focus Item:
- Untargeted Enhancements opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 170; Currently ~ 127)
- Options are
- Invalid - Enhancement does not fit with the scope of the project or is already implemented.
- helpwanted keyword - This is a valid request, but due to committer resources and other priorities, outside help will be needed to make this happen.
- Future - I would use this in conjunction with the helpwanted keyword. I use this for legitimate requests that are important but will not make any planned release, but likely will make a future release.
- Upcoming Focus Item:
- Untargeted bugs with patches attached opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 40; Currently ~ 38)
- Past Focus Items:
- Untargeted severity "Major" and higher bugs opened before January 1st, 2007 (Last week - 2; Currently ~ 0)
Focus on Requirements Planning (Raghu)
- Review and Update the WTP 3.0 Plan by 12/06
- Projects with no committed items: JPA
- Please update status page
- Please review untriaged enhancement requests
- Schedule - Details...
- Bugzilla 209891 opened for the 2 Junit failures on latest build, testcase will be moved to a different bucket, does not affect the fitness of the build
- Bug Lists
- All Remaining 2.0.2 Targeted Bugs (~56)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 2.0.2 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 2.0.2 Bugs for PMC Approval (~0)
- 2.0.2 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 2.0.2 Total JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~56)
- 2.0.2 Dali Total Bugs Fixed (~2)
- 2.0.2 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~20) By Assignee
WTP 3.0 M3
- M3 Schedule
- our +2 date: November 14, Wednesday,
- Final Code released by November 7
- 10/24 I-build code in
- 10/31 I-build code in
- 11/7 S-build code in
- Declaring M3 milesone build
- Junit failures? none
- Bug Lists
- 3.0 Invalid Targeted Bugs (~0)
- 3.0 M3 Targeted Bugzilla Enhancements (~0)
- All Remaining 3.0 Targeted Enhancements (~196)
- 3.0 M3 Remaining Targeted Bugs (~6)
- 3.0 M3 Hot Bug Requests (~0)
- 3.0 M3 Hot Bugs (~1)
- 3.0 M3 Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 M3 JST, WST, JSF Bugs Fixed (~105)
- 3.0 M3 JPT Dali Bugs Fixed (~1)
- 3.0 Untargeted Blockers/Criticals (~0)
- 3.0 Resolved, Unverified Blockers/Criticals (~25) By Assignee
Teams Status and Focus for Coming Week
- Planning M4
- JSP source parser updates for complete our JSP 2.0 support requirement 150794
- Addressing 3.0 requirement for more configurable XML and HTML formatting (95091,194698)
- Continuing JSDT integration
- Working on updating bug backlogs
- Ongoing triaging of incoming bug reports
- Ongoing triage of incoming and existing bugs/RFEs.
- New "service policy" preference page replacing "Compliance and validation" preference. See RFE 196997. Two new plugins have been added: org.eclipse.wst.service.policy and org.eclipse.wst.service.policy.ui.
- EclipseWorld went very well
- JPT 1.0
- Fixed several bugs for the Winter maintenance release
- JPT 2.0
- Resource models complete
- New Context model is 20% complete
- Planning for M3
- Property Editor prototype
- JSPX support investigation
- XHTML support investigation
- Branching Strategy
- Please review and comment on the WTP How to: Branching Policy and Practices guide.
- In general, the minimum is if you branch a plug-in to branch all the plug-ins in the corresponding map file. It is fine to branch everything if you choose as well. We may need to reorganize map files slightly and we can investigate that on a case by case basis. This is intended to be a living document and open to evolutions and improvements.
- Instructions for tagging existing and new WTP wiki pages can be found at WTP's Category page; remember, we can create subcategories as well
- This Week's Smoke Test Results
- Build Declaration Process Refined - See WTP Build Process and Procedures
- Information about process for milestone bugzilla line item planning has been added to the WTP Bugs, Workflow, and Conventions document.
- PMC Candidate Review Request Checklist - See the updated PMC Review document with attention to the "How To Prepare a PMC Defect Candidate" section
- Adopter Migration Information for WTP 2.0 - Please add any details for your component.
- Documentation on Setting up your system for Web Tools Web site development and Using Web Tools Phoenix PHP templates is on the wiki at Web Tools Web Site Development.
- The next Bug Day is November 30th, participation is voluntary.
- Mark any applicable bugs with keyword "bugday", but only if you'll have a representative on hand to respond through Bugzilla or in IRC
- Current WTP Bug Day bugs (~53)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (Graph)
- All Untriaged WTP Bugs (~148)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Verified, Not Closed Bugs (~118)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (Graph)
- All WTP Resolved, Unverified Bugs (~1245)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (Graph)
- All WTP Defect Backlog (~3138)
- All WTP Future Bugs (~82)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (Graph)
- All Open WTP Bugs with Patches Attached (~211)
- All API Requests (~11)