This page contains obsolete information about the VPM based VIATRA2 and preserved for archive purposes only.
The currently maintained wiki is available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/VIATRA
VIATRA2 Project Plan (Draft)
Last revised June 05, 2008
Please send comments about this draft plan to the email@example.com developer mailing list.
This document lays out the feature and API set for the third release of the VIATRA2 model transformation framework (version 3.0.0).
The release deliverables include the following:
- VIATRA2 source code release, available as versions tagged "R3" in the project's CVS repository.
- VIATRA2 documentation (downloadable).
- VIATRA2 runtime binary distribution (downloadable and update site).
- VIATRA2 examples and test cases (downloadable).
Release milestone will occur at roughly 3-4 months intervals. The VIATRA2 project is not (yet) synchronized with top-level Eclipse releases
- January 1st, 2008 - Release Candidate 0 (R3-RC0)
- June 4th, 2008 - Release Candidate 1 (R3-RC1)
- June 30th, 2008 - Release Candidate 2 (RC-RC2)
- July 31st, 2008 - Release
VIATRA2 will provide maintenance release for R3 once in every 4 months
- Dates TBD
A list of issues indicated for the 3.0.x maintenance stream can be found here:
Compatibility of Release 3.0 with 2.0
Most VIATRA2 R2 transformations (VTCL) will compile with R3. Most exceptions are detected by the new parser as an error message, and typically indicates an error-prone use of the language.
Features and Capabilities