Tycho/Releasing Nexus Unzip Plugin
This page describes the steps necessary to create releases of the Nexus Unzip Plugin project.
- Prepare the Tycho/Unzip Plugin Release Notes which should provide a quick overview of new features and bug fixes
- Update versions using
mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=...
- Commit version change, create a git tag unzip-plugin-<VERSION> on this commit and create a new remote branch unzip-plugin-MAJOR.MINOR.x based on this commit in git
- Update versions (same as above) to next -SNAPSHOT development version and push commit to master branch
- Make sure you have everything setup (GPG installed!) for deploying to the Nexus OSS repository, see guide
- Add your credentials for server <OSS_ID> in ~/.m2/settings.xml
- Sync to release commit and deploy to nexus staging repository:
mvn clean deploy -Prelease -DaltDeploymentRepository=<OSS_ID>::default::https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/
- Close the staging repository and announce the temporary stage URL on email@example.com:
Subject: please test staged nexus unzip plugin <VERSION>
Please help testing the staged Nexus Unzip Plugin release <VERSION>.
The staging repository URL is . For details see release notes.
We plan to promote this release in one week unless major regressions are found.
- Announce the release on firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and the tycho homepage new and noteworthy section