Attending: Alex, Mikhail, Harm, Oliver, Chris, Eugene
- I dialed in pretty much last so I'm unsure if Joanna was there.
- Paul had a conflict
Meeting was brief.
Harm gave an update regarding where he and Alex are WRT items from last week.
- Both have opened several defects with POG tag
- They are are cross referenced on wiki page to indicate where they relate to scenario
- Can query with this tag to see defects
- Currently 11 defects tagged as POG
- Several are targeting I5
- Some (of the 11) are going to be pretty large
Harm talked to Eugene about possibly disabling (in 4.4.1) some of the gui sequences in that are particularly sensitive
- Greying out of some options that are actually unavailable.
- Eugene has not been able to look into it yet
- AI Eugene: For PMC call try to have some sizing/feasibility of getting this into 4.4.1
- Now need to triage/target the 11;
- possibly file a few more from the scenario
Alex asked if we would like to run thru whole list of 11 (to get a better overall feel)
- Remaining attendees did not seem to think this necessary
Is plan between now and 25th in good shape?
- Yes, only a few things planned for I5 and seem to have coverage
Regarding side discussion that we had last time about competitive offerings
- Oliver (OC Systems) will be able to free up someone to poke at netbeans and possibly other competitors and see how they compare to TPTP offering
- One of the benefits of a smaller company is that this is easier to arrange
Because we are making progress here and getting trackable bugs filed,
- Time devoted to POG in PMC call should be shorter for a while
Question arose regarding whether we want obvious usability bugs to be tagged as POG even though they are not yet visible in the scenarios.
- I did not gather that there was a firm decision to do this for all such bugs however
- There did seem to be a movement toward this for several
- Example: Alex noted 214098 -- collection after attach
Harm suggests for EclipseCon (since there is a coinciding board meeting)
- If have many of roadblocks resolved for POG
- If have reasonable comparason to to competitive products
it would be good for board to see such details.
- Oliver thinks he can commit to the competitive analysis (at least for Netbeans solution).
Chris asked when we should talk about I6 work for POG
- There seemed to be a overwealming desire on the team's behalf to defer for a bit
- Once we have larger list of defects and some of I5 stuff done
- Revisit in a few weeks.