Attending: Oliver, Paul, Joanna, Chris, AlexA
- AlexN on vacation
Any issues with prior minutes?
- no issues
Ganymede Release Review
Paul sent out draft of foils to use for release review
- Oliver asks if anyone has any changes to make to these foils?
- No, no objections or additions
- Paul's excellent contribution will be used for review.
- Paul noted that Oliver will need to convert foils to PDF and provide ppt and pdf.
Closing down TPTP 4.5
Oliver notes that there is a list of bugzillas for deferral that we have voted on. Are we done with that?
- Yes, we are done. several +1 votes, no -1 votes, harm voted 0 for now
- Deferral plan is accepted
Oliver notes that folks should be halfway thru test pass 1. Whats up?
Is everyone's test results up to date
- Paul for Test: yes
- a number of suites not done relate to documentation and are less critical
- Some outstanding manual tests to run in next few days.
- 6% fail rate right now; some assorted test navigator issues that Jerome is working thru
- Expects blocking/critical fixed by end of next week
- Joanna for Platform
- There are some Platform/ui and probekit tests TODO
- Joanna has been updating May 12 list of still targeted defects with "fix dates"
- AlexA for trace/profiler
- Profiler smoke testing done
- Trace run and results checked into CVS
Paul asks about a few sets of tests that seem to have gotten lost in the details
- Junit tests for common base event
- Event implementation tests, etc
- These are Usually run by AlexN and company but he is out.
- Who should be running them?
- Joanna notes that Rohit is AlexA's backup.
- Rohit says that he is done with his test pass and checked stuff in but has only done BTM.
- Paul IMed Rohit to get status of the tests in question
- They have been run and results are being checked in.
What is after 4.5?
Paul noted that there are only a few weeks before we finish 4.5
- Will we have 18.104.22.168 or will we go with 4.5.1?
- Joanna notes there are a handful of defects for a consuming product
- Trying to accelerate into 4.5...
- IBM team already moving on them
- For an AC defect Stanislav has been pursuing it
- If cannot get into 4.5
- IBM may want to consider 22.214.171.124
- Will be able to make decision better next week.
- 126.96.36.199 would potentially conflict with resource shuffling timeframe at Intel
- Joanna is pursuing defects now
Joanna asked if Intel continue with AC builds
- Chris indicated that Intel will continue to build native part of stack
Oliver asks if test team running out of work to do with 4.5?
- Paul notes that team can keep busy between now and the next few weeks.
Oliver asks what is diff between 188.8.131.52 and 4.5.1. The two biggest areas discussed were
- Timeframe (184.108.40.206 would be accelerated)
- sync with TPTP (4.5.1 will probably align to Ganymede fall maintenance)
We discussed a bit on post 4.5 resourcing and planning Oliver asks if there is any more information from IBM
- Harm has a proposal in process is is trying to organize a meeting next week.
- He wants a cross IBM product team discussion
EclipseCon '09 planning is starting
- Scott is looking for a test/performance lead for track
- Paul has done it for a few years and will probably not do it next year
- There is an opportunity here for someone to jump in.
SAP heap analysis integration
- Oliver mentioned from talking to Andreas
- SAP guys would maintain heap analysis components but not profiler components
- Eugene has gone thru the use cases for the analyzer
- AlexA has estimated ~3 person months of work (AlexA) for creating extension points
- That time is unlikely to be available for 4.5.1
- The question came up whether IBM might be interested in adding those extension points (e.g., if they may want to consume from the static heap analysis feature)
- Question came up whether Andreas had talked to JDT guys as another possible home.
- Oliver will talk a bit to Andreas
Chris will be on vacation next Wednesday