Jump to: navigation, search

TM/Meetings/12-Jan-2011

< TM‎ | Meetings
Meeting Title: TM Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Jan 12, 2011 at 1700 UTC / 1200pm Toronto ATTENTION DST CHANGE!
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: Freephone +1 (866) 8693090 / Passcode: 0587322148 #
Austria 01 928 7547 / Russia 81080029331012 / Germany 069222216110

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Attendees

  • Dave D, Dave M, Anna, Martin, Xuan


Agenda

  • Last TM/Meetings/1-Dec-2010
  • 3.3 Repository status
    • Move to tools mostly done as per bug 330336 - some webmaster actions pending
    • Old Repo is read-only, new repo is being used. No official announcement
    • Martin is not a Tools PMC member -- affects our TM/3.3 Ramp down Plan where PMC approval is required -- shall we simplify ramp down or strive for Tools PMC membership? - AI Dave D talk to David W
    • See this mailinglist message for migrating the workspace; Dave M loads from the Mapfile
  • Failing Unittests on Hudson N-builds
    • bug 333874 Spurious NPE during testOpenFileFromTarArchive on hudson.eclipse.org (AI Xuan)
    • bug 315054 HostMoveTest.testMoveManyUp() sometimes fails on Linux with SWT: "Index out of bounds" (AI Dave D)
  • New builder
    • Nighlies and I-builds on hudson with Unittests; Legacy builder only used for releases; situation OK for now
    • Martin still interested in fully migrating to new builder. Low-priority side task ... no need for looking at big changes right now (like Maven/Tycho)

Committer Status

  • Dave M - Getting the bug backlog down (for IBM requested things)
  • Dave D - Just back, will look at connect/disconnect issue and small backlog
  • Xuan - Just back, will look at JUnit failure
  • Anna - Fixed an SCP bug, submitted a patch for remote launcher (waiting for review)
  • Martin - Commons Net 2.2 coming to Orbit
    • Eclipsecon - will go there but no talk this year (also not about TM).
    • bug 256581 SSH performance - getting a Community contribution

Bugzilla status


Community Feedback and Status

  • Community contributions
    • bug 195170 X forwarding bug - AI Anna to ask back once there's a little time (after some Mentor reorg around code sourcery). AI Martin ping on the bug
    • Patrick Juhl - SSH Tunnel - Martin back in contact, submitter still interested in contributing.


Vacations

  • Dave D: 1 week mid Jan and 1 week mid Feb
  • Martin: 1 week mid Feb

Action Items

  • Last TM/Meetings/1-Dec-2010
    • Dave D create follow-up bug for bug 321766 (disconnect to cancel connect); talk to Dave W regarding Tools PMC involvement; bug 315054 HostMoveTest
    • Xuan bug 333874 testOpenFileFromTarArchive
    • Martin follow up with AC regarding build technology; SSH contributions; finalize Tools move;
    • All Fix target milestone of open bugs assigned 3.2.1


Next Meeting