TM/Meetings/1-Feb-2012

From Eclipsepedia

< TM‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search
Meeting Title: TM Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Feb 1, 2012 at 1700 UTC / 1200pm Toronto ATTENTION DST CHANGE!
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: Freephone +1 (800) 7302996 / Passcode: 7322148 #
Austria 0800 886-63241 / Russia 81080029611012 / Germany 08922061395 / UK 08004960069 / Others see here

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Contents

Attendees

All TM committers and interested parties are invited.


Agenda


  • Tycho Migration Status
    • Basic setup done, Anna will continue next week
    • Martin in favor of not up-reving any bundle just because pom.xml
      • AI Martin apply tag to pom.xml where needed
    • Martin thinks that pom.xml does not need to be shipped with the binaries or the source bundles - AI Anna to check what's common practice
    • AI Anna' Request a new Job on Hudson for Tycho builds
    • Legacy builder is still 3.7 based and tests against 3.7 -- Martin will keep it like this
    • Tycho likely going to build against 4.2 (should ideally test against 3.7 too ... will reconsider when we have a basic build going
  • bug 370237 Error essage due to "o.e.core.runtime.compatibility.auth not installed" when connecting on Eclipse 4.2m5
    • Dave D will migrate to Equinox Secure Storage for 4.2
    • Migration of old passwords would be convenient, but should only do when it's simple (not a must-have though)
  • TCF
    • Martin stepped up as TCF project lead, replacing Doug Schaefer
    • TCF Builds Anna agreed to care for these
    • AI Martin review TCF project metadata, project plan etc to get ready for 1.0

TM 3.4 Project Plan

  • Review 3.4 Project Plan, especially Target Operating Environments
    • All developers must use 4.2m5 as their development environment
    • Host: Keep target operating env same as last year
    • Client:
      • Dave M: Win XP / Java 7 without issues (plus Java 4 libs)
      • Dave D: On Mac OSX 10.7.2 / 5 at the moment, could move up to 6
      • Martin: Win 7 / Java 6
      • Anna: Linux SLED 11.2 x86_64 / Java 6
      • Anna occasionally uses OSX 10.6.8 x86_64 / Java 6 occasionally
    • AI Dave D find out whether IBM Java needs to be added as reference platform -- find out what version(s)

Retire Telnet ?

  • The Telnet RSE Subsystem hasn’t seen any Community interaction or contribution in several years and quality is very low:
    • login hangs infinitely when the remote doesn’t send the expected prompt characters, making the connect practically unusable (bug 194473)
    • Empty password is a problem (bug 251484)
    • Remote echo is typically not configured properly, leading to duplicate output/input (likely related to bug 259367)

See also a query with Telnet List of Bugs.

Note that even if we retire Telnet as an RSE Subsystem, the Terminal Telnet connector would remain (and adopters could use last year's Telnet subsystems on this year's TM since API for subsystems hasn't changed).

  • AI Martin send a mail to the tm-dev-list


Committer Status

  • DaveD: Look at Secure Storage bug, and the testing bug. Has new Dev.Env including git
  • DaveM: Mostly IBM work, various backports
  • Anna: Finally got committer access; address remote launch termination/start ; want to catch up on TM / Tycho next;
  • Martin: Adopting some community contributions ; deliver


Bugzilla status


Vacations

  • Dave D some time in Feb
  • Martin off Feb 13 - 19


Action Items

  • Last TM/Meetings/4-Jan-2012
    • All Review bug backlogs above (Fix 3.3.x target milestones; review / triage incoming high-severity issues)
    • Dave D ask about IBM target env; file bug for UA SDK; old talk to David W on Tools PMC membership; follow-up bug for bug 321766 (disconnect to cancel connect)
    • Anna Apply for new Hudson Job for Tycho builds
    • Martin Tag pom.xml for Tycho; Review TCF project; Send E-Mail regarding retiring Telnet
    • Dave M bug 352248 next steps ?


Next Meeting