Swordfish Documentation: GIT Repository
We need to have a repository for automating patch creation for the Swordfish project which will allow non-eclipse commiters to work with the Swordfish sources.
Current Problem / Pain
Only eclipse commiters could commit to the Swordfish repository, patches need to be send to them to check in.
GIT repository will automate patch creation and let external (internal) developers work with SCM cycle without Eclipse commiter rights.
• Developers creating a git repository on GITHub. • Developers are forking the one of the eclipse commiters GIT repository. • Developers are working with checkin-checkout cycles, also branching and merging. • Developers are notifying a forked repository owner when they are ready to merge it back.
Conditions of satisfaction
- GIT works for all developers.
- Developers can work via GIT with Eclipse Swordfish sources.
- Patches from the deveopers could be submitted to Eclipse Swordfish subversion repository.
- Updates from Eclipse Swordfish Subversion repository could be fetched from GIT repository.
Return to Eclipse Swordfish Swordfish Product Backlog