Swordfish Documentation: BPEL with JAX-WS Service
Provide feedback on the Talk Page
Provide a Swordfish -ODE Integration based on the JAX-WS interface. Apache ODE Integration Implementation Proposal
Current Problem / Pain
As of now only the ODE Bundle Deployment into Swordfish was achieved.
JAX-WS Services can be Used within BPEL Processes.
Prerequisite for both scenarios: BPEL Process and JAX-WS Service Participant are deployed into separate Swordfish instances.
- JAX-WS Service Consumer System running in Swordfish calls a BPEL process. The BPEL process implements the Service Provider.
- The BPEL Process implements the Service Consumer which calls a JAX-WS Service Provider.
Conditions of satisfaction
Proposal: Use the Swordfish Flight Booking Example in the Demo
Based on the feature completeness definition (Start/Run/Control) all demo steps shall be executed within the Eclipse IDE.
- Demonstrate Deployment
- Demonstrate a BPEL process where the JAX-WS Service Consumer System running in Swordfish initiates a BPEL step.
- Demonstrate a BPEL process where JAX-WS Service Provider running in Swordfish is invoked from a BPEL step.
- Integration Tests: Results for both scenarios are ok.
- The BPEL Example is Documented in Wiki
The Documentation may be restricted to Wiki in case we have limited access to the documentation team.
ODE Deployment into Swordfish was successful.
Non functional aspects
Volume / Load aspects
Authentication should be supported, which requires the ability to propagate policies.
Ease of Use
BPEL Runtime shall be integrated with BPEL Tools.
Architecture Outline/ Implementation Ideas
- Would tests results be valid, if we run the integration test of BPEL and JAX-WS participant within the Same Swordfish Instance? Which restrictions would this test scenario cause?
Return to Eclipse Swordfish Swordfish Product Backlog