Developer Agreement: Common definition of "Done" for Swordfish project
Code is created/refactored and checked to the subversion repository
- Code formatting according to the Eclipse build-in formatting rules
- JavaDocs are in place where required (e.g. public methods, constants, etc.)
- Copyright headers are in place (AP: create Eclipse template and check to repository)
- Cyclomatic complexity should be <= 10 at most 15
Unit tests are created/refactored and checked to the subversion repository
- Only created code should be tested.
- Tests should concentrate on the code internals and not on the interfaces
- Treat test code as production code (e.g. refactoring, modularity, etc).
- Minimize setup/teardown parts of unit tests
- No external setup required to run tests. Tests should be runnable in:
- Command line (mvn)
- Continuous integration environment
- Tests should be independent of:
- File system
- Operating system
- Network, servers
- Tests should have a short run time (<1 second per test)
- Unit tests should cover 70% of the production code
Integration tests are created and checked to the subversion repository
- Should minimize scope to subsystem under test
- Should be portable - should be runnable on developer PC with some setup required
- Required setup should be reasonably simple
- Mocks should be shared, before creating a new one please have a look on existing
- Mocks should be not stubs - http://martinfowler.com/articles/mocksArentStubs.html
Continuous integration build is successful
- It is very important that after each checkin to the trunk developer waits till the notification from continuos integration server.
- We will try our best to keep the build times short that you wold be able to get a fast feedback.
- Please avoid "checkin and immediately go home/on the weekend/on vacation/around the world in only 90 days" anti-pattern.
To be done later
- System tests are created and checked to the subversion repository.
- Peer code review
- User acceptance tests
See also the default feature completeness criteria in the Swordfish Documentation Wiki.