Sirius 1.0.0M6 is a milestone release which has been included in Luna M6. The project is still in incubation at this time.
See also the announce on the mailing list.
It is recommended you use the update-site matching the version of Eclipse you use to avoid potential issues at runtime.
If you want to install the new
org.eclipse.sirius.tests feature, which provides APIs to help create automated tests of Sirius-based modelers, you will need to add the following update-site:
Juno users: Sirius depends on more recent versions of some components that what is available by default from a Juno install. You need to add the following update-sites if you want to install Sirius 1.0.0M6 on Juno:
- Orbit: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20130827064939/repository/
- Acceleo 3.4: http://download.eclipse.org/acceleo/updates/releases/3.4/
- EEF 1.2: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/eef/updates/nightly/1.2/
Sirius 1.0.0M6 is compatible with the following versions of Eclipse:
- Eclipse 3.8/4.2 (Juno)
- Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler)
- Eclipse 4.4M6 (Luna)
New & Noteworthy
Once again, this milestone was essentially about changes in the internal structure of the code and bug fixes.
- #423052 is the second phase of a larger-scale work to separate the code implementing the "diagrams" dialect from the Sirius core. It involved physically extracting the diagram-specific packages out from
viewpoint.ecoreinto the new
diagram.ecore. The third phase of this work (#427803 which moves all diagram-specific code outside of the core plug-ins) is almost done but was not completely stabilized for the M6 release. That work will be merged on master soon and will be released with M7.
- #428434 introduces two new plug-ins,
org.eclipse.sirius.tests.swtbot.support. They provide high-level APIs to help in the creation of automated tests for Sirius and Sirius-based modelers, using either plain JUnit or SWTbot for UI interactions (including manipulations on diagrams). These two plug-ins are available in a separate feature,
org.eclipse.sirius.tests, which can be found in the _Sirius SDK_ category of the update-site. Note that this feature is not part of Luna M6; if you want to install it you will need to get it directly from the Sirius update-site. You will also need the SWTBot update-site at http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/releases/2.1.1/ to get the dependencies.
- #428322 re-enables the dynamic and context-sensitive tabbar for Sirius diagrams when running on Luna (after the corresponding platform bug was fixed in Luna M6). The static tabbar used as workaround is still used when running on Juno or Kepler where the platform bug is present.
See the release notes for details about API changes.
The complete list of bugs fixed in this version can be seen on Bugzilla.