Jump to: navigation, search

Sequoyah/PhoneMeetings/Agenda10Apr19

Attendees

  • Eric Cloninger (Motorola)
  • Ruth Soliani (Eldorado)
  • Daniel Franco (Eldorado)
  • Daniel Pastore (Eldorado)
  • Carlos Souto (Eldorado)
  • David Dubrow (Nokia)
  • Doug Schaefer (Wind River)
  • Jon Dearden (RIM)
  • Ronnie King (Nokia)

Summary

  • Mentioned that Christian Kurzke is leaving Motorola and will no longer be working on Pulsar and Sequoyah on behalf of Motorola.
  • Discussed the future of the MTJ (Mobile Tools for Java) project and how it might eventually be incorporated into Sequoyah. Ronnie King is driving this with the Eclipse Foundation through the Mobile Industry Work Group.
    • Eric mentioned that the MTJ position on the Helios train is likely not going to happen since none of the milestones or requirements appear to have been accomplished.
    • There is a question about whether the Pulsar EPP package can be built with components that are not on the train. The Pulsar EPP relies on MTJ components, which may present a problem. Ronnie will discuss this on Thursday at the Pulsar call after a discussion with Gorkem.
  • Web Site.
    • Daniel Pastore reported that the Sequoyah web site is now "functional"--users can navigate and find the items that are there. He pointed out that the site needs more quality content.
    • Eric asked Daniel to talk with the Eclipse webmasters about redirecting web requests for TML pages into the root of Sequoyah.
  • Build status.
    • The Sequoyah and Pulsar EPP builds are still working properly.
    • The Sequoyah status for Helios shows 27 out of 32 requirements as completed (green status) with the remaining 5 as in-progress (yellow). Those remaining are mostly documentation and following through with processes. Overall, the Helios plan is in good condition.
    • The pack2000 change that was discussed in the cross-platform mailing list was briefly discussed and the decision was made to table any changes until explicitly required by the Helios project lead.
  • There was a short discussion of the responsibilities of the Sequoyah project vs. the Pulsar working group vs. the Pulsar EPP Package.
  • Pulsar P2 Discovery
    • David Dubrow reported that the mechanism for SDKs is working with the data that is on the Sequoyah discovery site, which points to a Nokia SDK.
    • David has completed the metadata generator tool. All this code is checked into a branch in SVN.
    • David reminded the group that existing Pulsar SDK discovery mechanisms will need to be upgraded to work with P2. All members are reminded to start working on delivering their SDKs for Helios.
    • Daniel Franco reported that the uninstall code for Pulsar is working and is working to integrate the code today (April 19). The code should be ready this week and he will mail the dev list when it's completed.
  • There was a short discussion about the merits of branches and linking code contributions to specific bugs in Bugzilla. This discussion needs to take place in the future and perhaps Doug Schaefer will be able to provide us with best practices based on his experiences on CDT.
  • Sequoyah project plan XML document - No progress this week.
  • Graduation review - Eric and Ruth will start this document this week.
  • New Business.
    • There was discussion of the Android NDK. Doug mentioned that he checked the code into Sequoyah (with a little grumbling). He went on to explain he plans to work on adding support for finding the toolchain. Doug and Carlos talked about the incompatible nature of makefiles for Eclipse and those from the Google NDK.
    • A reminder for everyone to look at the Web tools proposal made by Paul Buesterien from Symbian and make comments on the Pulsar mailing list.
    • We concluded with a discussion that the project needs to foster the creation of common technologies for all mobile platforms. Reminders to everyone to review Jon Dearden's architecture document and be prepared to discuss it at the Pulsar call.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on May 3, 2010.