Science WG/Steering Committee Roles
The Chairperson must ensure that the Steering Committee functions properly, that there is full participation during meetings, that all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out. The Chairperson is responsible for:
- Ensuring the Steering Committee functions properly.
- Ensuring the organisation is managed effectively.
- Representing the organisation as its figurehead.
- Liason with the Eclipse Foundation.
- Overall stewardship of the working group.
- Promoting the group and its work outside of the Foundation to the scientific community at large.
The role of the Secretary is to support the Chairperson in ensuring the smooth functioning of the Steering Committee. In summary, the Secretary is responsible for:
- Ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted.
- Maintaining effective records and administration.
- Communication and correspondence.
- Organising votes.