Timetable for the EclipseCon 2009 tutorial
Designing a service orchestration using BPMN
- give a brief overview of the editor (get some help from Antoine beforehand maybe?)
- create a simple "ochestration" that gives some of the main elements of the use-case (e.g. trip reservation stuff)
Transformation to IM and IM Overview
- starting from the BPMN diagram, generate the IM corresponding to it
- using the generated file as an example, move through the IM structure, and present the IM
- generate the SCA diagram from the IM, to prepare Vincent's presentation
Implement a service with SCA
- Introduce SCA and its main concepts.
- Create a simple SCA application demonstrating the main capabilities of SCA and the SCA tools.
- Use the available creation wizards.
- Use the SCA Composite designer and the other SCA editors to complete the composite.
- Use WSDL and Java tools to complete the application.
- Show the (progress of) runtime support.
Shows how to
- use the Policy Editor to edit WS-Policy files
- extend the Policy Editor with custom policy assertions to be used in policies
- use and adapt the validation mechanism within the policy editor
- (embed the XEF editor part in own applications to display XML data (optional, depends on availability of feature in time))
Service development with Swordfish
Service orchestration with BPEL (optional)