SCA Composite Tools roadmap
This page is not up-to-date. For complete information on STP-SCA please have a look at our wiki page.
- SCA Composite Metamodel: SCA metamodel (OSOA) + additional binding, interface, implementation (for example Java RMI binding). More information on SCA Composite Meta Model.
- SCA Composite Designer: GMF modeler. More information on SCA Composite Designer.
- SCA Composite Introspector: Bottom-up approach.
- SCA Composite Editors: Textual editors for composite files. More information on SCA Composite Editors.
- October 26th 2007: EBM WebSourcing proposes to develop an SCA Composite Editor. This textual editor will provide auto-completion for XML attributes and values according to "known" SCA components.
- October 2007: End of the IP process.
- July 20th 2007: Submission of the SCA Composite Designer developed by Obeo as an IP BugZilla.
- July 5th 2007: SAP and Obeo hosted an open webex demonstration of their respective SCA Composite Designer technologies. SAP and Obeo decided to use as initial contribution the Obeo Composite Designer code.
End of October 2007
Obeo made several improvements to the code submitted in July (IP BugZilla).
- Now, the composite files are valid. For example:
- implementation, binding and interface are correctly generated (implementation.java, binding.sca, ...).
- promote and wire are correctly generated (CompositeName/ComponentName/ServiceName, ...).
- implementation, interface, binding name are correctly generated (interface=" services.myValue.MyValueService").
- Moreover, drag and drop works correctly for some implementation, binding, and interface type.
End of November
- Commit of the code submitted as IP bugZilla in July, and then commit of the code developed since July with improvements depicted above. (We can't commit rigth now because we need to get legal sign-off first. Then we will be able to put the code into the contribution directory. Finally, once we have received the community review feedback, we will move the code to its own special CVS directory.)
- First prototype of the SCA Composite Textual Editor
- All the features inherited from the WTP XML Editor
- Basic auto-completion for attribute values
- A connection (full synchronization or complete migration if possible) from the editor model to the EMF model of the SCA Composite Designer.
- First prototype of the SCA Composite Form Editor
- A GUI almost complete, so that screenshots can be done and usability can be tested
- Not connected to the underlying model (not yet, it would be better to reuse the model of the textual editor - which may be the model of the SCA Composite Designer)
November2007 - December 2007
- Implementation of a first version of the bottom-up approach developed by SAP (where the idea is to produce a graphical representation from discovered code composites). Bogdan any precision?
- Graphical representation of the examples provided by Tuscany. These examples will be used as test cases.
- Integration of the SCA Composite Editor. It must be synchronized with the SCA Composite Designer.
End of December
- SCA Composite Textual Editor
- Smart auto-completion for attribute values
- Synchronization with the graphic of the SCA Composite Designer
- SCA Composite Form Editor
- GUI completed
- Connected to the underlying model
- Basic inputs validation
- Integration with the Policy editor/designer
- Implementation of the feature "Arrange all".
- Implementation of additional validation rules. These rules appears in the SCA specification documents but that are not considered by the XSD scheme. We distinguish 2 types of rules:
- The rules which apply on the SCA assembly description files and
- The rules which verify coherence between the SCA assembly description files and the implementation.
- How to a add new binding, implementation and interface (extension points)? see 
You are welcome to share ideas, make contributions, test, ...