This page describes the steps necessary to create releases of the Tycho project.
- Make sure all bugs have the correct target milestone for this release
- Schedule a new release and generate the IP log on projects.eclipse.org
- Prepare the Tycho/Release Notes which should provide a quick overview of new features and bug fixes
- Link the N&N to the release review and send email to email@example.com to review the release docs.
- Steps below apply to both tycho and tycho-extras git repositories as these should normally be released together and with the same version
- Update versions using
mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=...
- Commit version change, and create a git tag tycho-<VERSION> (and tycho-extras-<VERSION> respectively) on this commit
- Update versions (same as above) to next -SNAPSHOT development version and push commit to master branch
- Create the new version and milestone in the bugzilla manager
- Make sure you have everything setup (GPG installed!) for deploying to the Nexus OSS repository, see guide
- Add your credentials for server <OSS_ID> in ~/.m2/settings.xml
- Sync to release commit and deploy to nexus staging repository:
mvn clean deploy -Prelease -DforgeReleaseId=<OSS_ID> -DforgeReleaseUrl=https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/ -Dgpg.passphrase=<YOUR_GPG_PASSPAHRASE>
- Close the staging repository and announce the temporary stage URL on firstname.lastname@example.org:
Subject: please test staged tycho <VERSION>
Tycho release <VERSION> has been staged. For details of new features and bugfixes, see release notes .
Please help by testing the staged build. To use it, change your tycho version to <VERSION> and add snippet  to your pom.
We plan to promote this release in one week unless major regressions are found.
- Generate site docs for both tycho and tycho-extras using mvn clean install site site:stage and check the result in to tycho homepage site docs
- After ~1 week of testing, promote the stage repository on https://oss.sonatype.org/
- Only drop the staging repository once the artifacts have reached Maven central.
- Push the release tags to git: git push origin --tags
- Browse the Tycho wiki pages to update any hardcoded tycho versions to the latest version
- Update tycho-demo projects to the latest release
- Find out who contributed to the release:
git log --pretty=format:%an tycho-0.<n>..tycho-0.<n+1> | sort | uniq git log --grep="Also-[bB]y:" tycho-0.<n>..tycho-0.<n+1> | grep -i also-by | sed -e 's/.*Also-[bB]y:\s*\(.*\)/\1/' | sort | uniq
- Announce the release on email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, thanking the contributors:
Subject: Tycho <n> released Tycho <n> has been released and is available from maven central. See the release notes  for details of enhancements and bug fixes in this release. Thanks to <contributors> who contributed patches for this release. And thanks and to everyone who helped us with testing the staged version. Regards, Tycho team  http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Release_Notes/<n>
- Update the tycho homepage new and noteworthy section