The Northern Virginia Eclipse User's Group exists to provide a place for Eclipse Open Source enthusiasts to share, learn and contribute to the Eclipse community. We meet once a month on the 4th Thursday at 11:30 AM. At each meeting, we'll have a quick dinner (pizza, subs, salads, etc.) and then have a presentation / demo. There will be lots of time for questions and discussion as well.
What is Eclipse? Most people think Eclipse is a Java IDE. But it's much more! Eclipse is a set of open source technology frameworks built upon Open Services Gateway Initiative (OSGi) than can be used to build client and/or server applications.
Users of the Eclipse IDE ncludes: - Users of commercial products based on the Eclipse IDE such as IBM RAD, BEA Workshop, CodeGear JBuilder 2007, Collabnet, Digital Chalk, or many other products - Providers of Eclipse based services - Students that use Eclipse in their studies or base their thesis on Eclipse based technologies - Other Users Groups JUG, RUBY, Lunch 2.0, Open Source User Groups, etc
As this User's group is forming, a list of potential topics is necessary to move forward. Check out these Topics for consideration:
- Eclipse Value Proposition
- Eclipse for Beginners
- Eclipse in the Real World
- OpenSource Solutions
- SOA Tools Platform Overview
- Ruby Development
- Lego Mindstorm
- .Net with Eclipse??
- Building Web Sites
- Web Applications
- Granymede Eclipse or latest Eclipse Features
- Web Services Overview
- Using RAP – Rich Ajax Platform
- BIRT – Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools
- How do I access my Data?
- Using XML
- 30 Jul 09 - Northern Virginia Eclipse User Group Mthly Meeting - 1130, Skyline Area, Falls Church, VA - Cloud Computing using Amazon.com web services and Eclipse
- 25 Jun 09 – Northern Virginia Eclipse Group Mthly Meeting – 1130, Skyline Area, Falls Church, VA - Jazz
- 28 May 09 – Northern Virginia Eclipse Group Mthly Meeting – 1130, Skyline Area, Falls Church, VA - Forge.mil
- 26 Mar 09 - Northern Viriginia Eclipse Group Mthly Meeting – 1130, Skyline Area, Falls Church, VA - Open Source Code Scanning in Eclipse
To Participate, please use the following mailing list:
Mailing List: email@example.com
If you have questions about the Northern Virginia Eclipse Community, you can contact:
Wes Hester / 703.586.3234 / firstname.lastname@example.org