Planning Council/May 06 2009

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, May 06 2009, at 1600 UTC / 0900 SFO / 1200 NYC / 1700 London / 1800 Berlin
Dial-in: For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.

Attendees

Chris Aniszczyk
Cedric Brun Y
Oliver Cole
Stefan Daume Y
Brian Fitzpatrick
Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Doug Gaff
Neil Hauge
Mika Hoikkala
Anthony Hunter Cannot attend today (on vacation)
Oisin Hurley
Markus Knauer
Christian Kurzke
Gary
Ed Merks
Mike Milinkovich
Philippe Mulet
James Saliba
Georg Schmidt
Karsten Schmidt
Thomas Watson
David Williams

Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.

Topics

  • Status of Naming next year's release (Thanks Oliver).
See the doodle poll
Vote to conclude on May 15.
Let's discuss before final decision? (at meeting on 20th?)
  • Build update
Transitioned to "BuckyBuilder" (Thanks Thomas)
Is now (partially) a composite site (implies more responsibility/coordination from 'Eclipse Platform').
"New" requirement to use Java 5 for running pack200?
  • Do we need a sign-off page?
Or just expect people to post exceptions or delays?
Are you happy with "must do" compliance?
Happy with what's building?
Swordfish should be in today.
Some haven't been installable (from update site, such as PHP).
  • Previous Meeting Notes
    • Accessibility
Karsten (re) raised concern about the accessibility issue, and that so many of that "should do" items had no comment or status.
ACTION: I offered to send reminder to cross-project list. (done)
    • Babel's deadlines
Tom asked about Babel's expectations and deadlines.
ACTION: Since none of us knew, Tom will ask on Babel's newsgroup, and get back to Planning Council.
Any news?
    • Weekly build meetings?
When, How, Who to have bi-weekly "build team" meetings?
Oisin may follow-up with note to cross-project list with a a proposal.
Any news? need?
  • Next Meeting
Regularly scheduled one on first wed. of June
Do we need one before, say May 20th?

Reference Links

Galileo Simultaneous Release

Planning Council Members