Planning Council/June 01 2011
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, May 04, 2011, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members we have not heard from in a year or so, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
X = not expected
We discussed, finalized Indigo SR dates, as documented in Indigo/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Service_Releases.
We were reminded that EclipseCon 2012 may not be at its usual time in March ... e.g might be in April ... so that might effect later milestones, once we plan dates for milestones.
Non compliant projects for Indigo release ... status/plans?
bug 347239 many Indigo bundles missing legal files in RC2 repo
It was stated that things like missing about.html or SUAs are not really "planning council requirements". They are simply EDP/IP requirements and must be done, for release.
bug 347241 several projects not using 4 part version numbers
Chris committed to E/JGit having 4 part, by release, and thereafter.
bug 346824 Unsigned jars in Indigo ...
Any other concerns?
Juno Release Planning
No specific planning discussion happened at this meeting
- Release: June 27, 2012 (fourth Wednesday)
- SR1: September 28, 2012 (fourth Friday)
- SR2: February 22, 2013 (fourth Friday)
TODO: compute milestone dates, similar to previous years.
- August 3, 2011 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).
- We'll skip regular meeting, July 6, ... we will still be celebrating another successful release! :)
- We will try to start "retrospective" discussions at the August 3 meeting.
- TODO send reminder a few weeks in advance.