February 9, 2012 Scalability Meeting
Date: February 9, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM EST
Call in information:
Toll Free (US): 888-426-6840
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-000-1018
Toll Free (UK): 0808-234-5071
- Greg Watson, IBM
- Dave Wootton, IBM
- Claudia Knobloch, Juelich
- Wolfgang Frings, Juelich
- Jay Alameda, NCSA
- Chris Navarro, NCSA
- Steve Brandt, LSU
- Actions from last meeting
- BGQ license issue resolved. Still need to obtain new API. Will ask for help if it is not forthcoming.
- The GridEngine package was renamed to all capitals. Caused some problems with Mac users, but resolved now.
- Status Reports
- Starting to look again at nattable as a possible replacement for jobs table views
- Checked in new version 1.15 of LML DA driver, mainly internal changes
- Added TORQUE_ALPS driver for Cray systems
- Now generating usage display records that will be available when the node display enhancements are approved
- Current version of BG adapter is not self deployable, will work on a version that can be installed by user for Juno
- Question regarding Jaguar and restrictions to the number of sftp sessions allowed. There is a bug open on this, but not sure if there is a solution.
- Opened CQ on Juelich contribution
- Bug fixes in PE RM
- Changes to get debugging to work
- Still have issues with working directory.
- Still working on environment management support. Working with C/C++ sync, RMs..
- Will also contribute lonestar and generic gridengine XML configuration
- KISTI tutorial went very well
- Provided test code to demonstrate SWT issue. Opened bug against SWT
- Still an issue with localhost. Need to fix for SR2
- Managed to get debugger up and running
- Question regarding what RMs will be available in 5.0.5? We have monitoring support for GridEngine, LL, OpenMPI, PBS, PE, Torque and Torque/ALPS. No control configuration for GridEngine but can add this if NCSA contributes.
- Planning to demonstrate shared job viewer
- Want to be able to use own monitoring script. Need this functionality in Juno.
- Actions Arising
- Greg to look through the EMS code to decide where it lives
- Greg to create wiki page to document different options for working directories. Jay to provide their requirements.
- Meeting adjourned; Next meeting Feb 23, 2012 to be announced on ptp-scaling list.