September 2008 Meeting
Date: September 9, 2008 Time: 1:00 PM EST
Call in information:
Toll Free (US): 1 877-421-0033
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-181-6323
Local (US): +1 770-615-1250
Local (Germany): +49 695-170-9081
- PTP Status
- 2.1 release update
- Project Reports
- UNICORE integration
- Next meeting
- Greg Watson, IBM Research
- Beth Tibbitts, IBM Research
- Wyatt Spear, U. Oregon
- Dave Wootten, IBM
- Chris Recoskie, IBM
- Mike Kucera, IBM
- Max Billingsley, U. Florida
- Daniel Ferber, IBM
- Shebhaz, Juelich Supercomputing Center
- M1 build is now available. Problems with creating build still being addressed. M1a probably available shortly. M1 does not contain Performance Tools Framework (PTFw) yet.
- Chris and Vivian are working on pacakaging RDT remote jars including eclipse platform jars required for remote RDT server.
- PLDT (Beth) - looking at bugzilla to fix some bugs before 2.1 release. TaskFinder, using PTFw, probably will not be in PTP 2.1 release after all.
- Debugger (Greg) - Greg is working with Dave W on making PE work with PTP debugger
- RDT (Chris) - working on bugs and build; new Remote C/C++ Perspective coming.
- New Remote Project wizard - flow isn't ideal, but is using Eclipse platform wizard infrastructure. More things handled correctly by default now (e.g. Connection) - still need more
- Performance Tools Framework (Wyatt) - working on parametric improvements to e.g. handle ranges of arguments and environment variables and then run trials in sequence (scenarios) and manage the results.
- Still has not tested PTFw on remote projects via RDT. Not sure this will happen before 2.1.
- Working on performance data management
- Unicore ( Shebhaz) - Job submission and management, Unicore is used extensively in Europe. See http://unicore.eu for more information.
- Middleware which allows control of backend systems e.g. OpenPBS, LoadLeveler, etc.
- Frontend clients can be eclipse, command line, Java/Swing
- Intend to start work in November
- Parallel Performance Wizard (Max) - Perf. tools for PGAS systems esp. UPC and SHMEM.
- PPW will be integrated with PTP via PTFw initially. Has an initial tool.xml
- Max tried using UPC with CDT, has some questions and will ask on CDT mailing list or newsgroup. Need "New UPC Project" wizard.
- UPC developer's working that Max will attend in approx. 2 weeks - hopes to start discussion of tools there.
- Remote Tools (Daniel) - changes to the way Remote Tools displays connection information
Next meeting October 14