PTP/meetings/November 2010

From Eclipsepedia

< PTP‎ | meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

November 2010 Meeting

Date: November 9, 2010 Time: 1:00 PM EST

Call in information:

Toll Free (US): 888-426-6840
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-180-8974
Toll Free (UK): 0808-234-5071
Passcode: 2221402

Agenda

  1. Status Reports
    • Next builds, releases (4.0.x, 5.0)
    • RDT and remote status
    • Resource Managers
    • PLDT
    • ETFw, other tool integrations (GEM, PPW, etc.)
    • Photran
    • Other PTP contributions
  2. Other Business
    • SC is next week: PTP Tutorial: Nov 14 Sunday, BOF Nov 17 Wed night 5:30 PM
  3. Next meeting - December 14, 2010

Attendees

  • Greg Watson, IBM
  • Beth Tibbitts, IBM
  • Wyatt Spear, U.Oregon
  • Jay Alameda, NCSA
  • Al Rossi, NCSA
  • Chris Recoskie, IBM
  • John Liu, IBM
  • Mike Lindo, IBM
  • Steve Brandt, LSU
  • Alan Humphrey, U.Utah
  • Jeff Overbey, UIUC

Minutes

  1. Status Reports
    • Next builds, releases (4.0.x, 5.0)
      • 4.0.4 was announced, but Greg sees a timeout problem, so we will do a 4.0.5 release probably Friday evening before SC10. 4.0.4 will suffice if you don't see the error.
        • Wyatt: The LiveDVD will have 4.0.4
      • 5.0 (Indigo) builds
        • M3 is Nov. 12.
        • Some of 5.0 is broken now (PBS). Would like for M2 build to have it fixed.
        • Code out of HEAD works. Al will run BOF demo from CVS HEAD.
        • Greg will check in changes to have a good build. Can't build the RDT server jar from the workspace. Chris says jar.dest file will build jar for testing. Wiki tells how to copy a jar for running from development workspace (in 4.0 environment setup instructions)
        • Al: SDM must be selected on Debug tab even if not doing a debug config. Will look at fixing this in ptp.launch plugin. It could be checked that SDM and sdm executable are there only after a debug config is launched - no need to check before that. So a simple Run config should be able to run without it.
    • RDT and Remote status (Chris)
      • Fixing bugs. Fixes in both HEAD and 4.0 branch.
      • Beth asked about editor fixes to have same function as local CDT editor (greyed out inactive code, hover help in editor, etc) - TODOs incl. Task tags and hovers. Greying out inactive code requires too much interaction with server. Semantic highlighting as well (won't be done)
      • Dstore server error rc=-1 - probably because remote dstore server shut down before Indexer? There are a few issues with stopping/closing connections.
    • 5.0 PTP-Photran build issue: Al says PLDT doesn't compile against Photran. Need to check out Photran code - works against CVS HEAD.
      • Photran depends on CDT 7.
      • CDT 8 was dependent on Eclipse 3.7 but that was backed out. We should cut PTP over to 3.7 sometime soon - Jeff requests not till current semester is over. Student are all on Eclipse 3.6.
    • Resource Managers
      • Scalability improvements to the PTP model being done (protocol changing so that first thing sent over is an XML description)
      • Wyatt asks if a list of Resource Managers supported by PTP is listed anywhere with what versions we support. Will put in release notes on Wiki. Wyatt will make a table and solicit details from other resource manager supporters.
      • Greg has a request to support OpenMPI 1.5 - will go into HEAD (PTP 5.0)
    • PLDT (Beth)
      • No new news: more remote-izing next
    • ETFw, other tool integrations (GEM, PPW, etc.)
      • Wyatt: No ETFw remote-izing done yet. grant $ means will be starting on this soon. After SC10.
      • Beth: has done some work on remote-izing ETFw Feedback view.
    • SC10 is next week
      • Jay plans a meeting of the SI2 grant (Workbench for HPC) at SC10.
      • Greg plans a PTP scaling meeting too.
      • PTP Tutorial Sunday; BOF Wednesday evening
      • Exhibits:
        • IBM booth- PTP (Beth/Greg); NNSA/ARC booth- TAU (Wyatt); NCSA - Photran (Jeff); NCSA - Jay (PTP etc.) - need to schedule some times at the NCSA booth so we can advertize at PTP tutorial.
    • Photran
      • Student groups making good progress on 6-10 new Fortran refactorings.
    • GEM (Alan)
      • Some components are now remote-enabled (not checked in yet)
      • Working on underlying dynamic verification tools.
      • ISP is doing more default checks too.
      • Tutorial Monday AM at SC - includes GEM (Scalable... with LLNL and Dresden). Alan will demo GEM.
      • Alan is in ACM student competition too. Will list GEM SC10 involvement on ptp-dev mailing list, can add to PTP tutorial slides too.
  2. Next meeting - December 14, 2010