November 2009 Meeting
Date: November 10, 2009 Time: 1:00 PM EST
Call in information:
Toll Free (US): 1 877-421-0033
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-181-6323
Local (US): +1 770-615-1250
Local (Germany): +49 695-170-9081
- Release Status
- Helios (Eclipse simultaneous release) participation
- PTP Status
- RDT Status
- Photran Status
- ISP Contribution Status
- SC09 events for PTP
- PTP Tutorial Monday
- PTP BOF Wed 5:30-7pm
- PTP demos at various exhibit booths
- Other new contributions?
- Interested in getting involved? Speak up here!
- Other Business
- Next meeting
- Beth Tibbitts, IBM
- Dave Wootton, IBM
- Mike Kucera, IBM
- Chris Recoskie, IBM
- Jay Alameda, NCSA
- Jeff Overbey,UIUC
- Max Billingsley, U. Florida
- Wyatt Spear, U. Oregon
- Release Status for 3.0
- Still on track for Nov 30 release - requested review from Eclipse foundation
- Release status: build yesterday, need to test. (It does install)
- Al Rossi@NCSA has contributed patches for PBS Resource Manager.
- China also updating SLURM Res Mgr for 3.0
- Still want to get into this release:
- Wyatt will try to change perf package names tonight (org.eclipse.ptp.perf to org.eclipse.ptp.etfw)
- UPC Wizard (Max) - for Berkeley UPC tool chain - almost done; Max is ok with contributing this now. Will put in a Bugzilla report to see if we can make it by the 3.0 release
- GCC UPC wizard? Haven't heard from Intrepid. Beth will ask about status. Might be too late for 3.0
- Helios - will sign up by M4 (Dec 11) - we would have to be at least "+2" to leverage platform and then CDT changes
- PTP Status
- Dave has been fixing up proxy. Doing perf. measurements now.
- Greg has checked in lots - he is not here today to fill us in.
- X10DT 2.0 released with PTP early build
- PTP 2.1.4 work being done by Chris and Mike
- Remote XLC parser, bug fixes, etc
- Will have to merge to HEAD eventually (Mike has already merged)
- Remote scanner discovery - from original from Cell team in CDT (compiles an empty file with verbose setting to discover settings, etc.) - almost functional, mostly implemented; Chris will merge to 3.0 when done.
- heard back from Eclipse legal. Using GCC linker now, have a couple more bug fixes to get in
- SC09 is next week
- PTP Tutorial Monday (Beth, Greg, Jay, Jeff presenting)
- Tutorial assistants: Wyatt got SC09 registration via email. Alan got his. Max reported that he didn't but later found that he did receive it.
- Jay will try yesterday's build to see if bug fixes let him grab screen shots for tutorial slides
- SC09 Exhibit booths -
- IBM - Beth, Greg, and Ted Hoover staffing.
- TAU at ASC/NNSA booth (Wyatt), Live DVD (Wyatt) with Eclipse/PTP/Photran, hopefully with Remote Tools. DVDs given at POINT tutorial Monday too.
- UIUC booth - Jeff has a couple of time slots. Informal one-on-one.
- NCSA booth - Jay, also informal one-on-one.
- PGAS booth - Max is participating: poster/slides on PPW (Parallel Performance Wizard) and UPC tools, informal demo
- Documentation hasn't changed to keep up with current function. - Remote Tools etc. Wyatt wondering what to put on their DVD.
- Jay: will be working on screen shots for tutorial. It's much simpler to set up remote machine now!
- Jay: asks Dave W if can use LL Res Mgr w/o PE (Jay trying a machine at IU) - DW says it should work
- Jay working on student test IDs for the PTP tutorial
- ETFw and PLDT still not remote-enabled.
- Next Meeting Tues Dec 8