Jump to: navigation, search

PTP/meetings/May 2010

< PTP‎ | meetings

May 2010 Meeting

Date: May 11, 2010 Time: 1:00 PM EST

Call in information:

Toll Free (US): 1 877-421-0033
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-181-6323
Local (US): +1 770-615-1250
Local (Germany): +49 695-170-9081
Passcode: 583191

Agenda

  1. Meeting Minutes
  2. New Committers
  3. Status Reports
    • PTP 3.0 status
    • PTP 4.0 Helios build and status
    • RDT and remote status
    • Resource Managers
    • PLDT
    • ETFw
    • Photran
  4. Other Business
  5. Next meeting

Attendees

  • Greg Watson, IBM
  • Beth Tibbitts, IBM
  • Jay Alameda, NCSA
  • Al Rossi, NCSA
  • Alan Humphrey, U.Utah
  • Roland Schulz, UTK/ORNL
  • Dave Wootton, IBM
  • Jeff Overbey, UIUC
  • Michael Lindo, IBM

Minutes

  1. Meeting Minutes - Beth will be responsible for these from now on.
  2. New Committers:
    • Dieter Krachtus, U. Heidelberg (Remote Tools, PBS Resource Mgr, Scalability)
    • Roland Schulz, UTK/ORNL (Remote Tools, PBS Resource Mgr, Scalability)
    • Jie Jiang, China National University of Defense Technology (SLURM Resource Mgr.)
    • Al Rossi, NCSA (committer status almost done)
  3. Status Reports
    • PTP 3.0 status
    • PTP 4.0 Helios build and status: M7 final build was Friday
      • Release planning documentation: Simultaneous Release Plan and Eclipse Simultaneous Release Info and Simultaneous Release Tracker FAQ
      • Bug to track our work on this: Bug 308569
      • M7 has new RDT features, Greg requests that Jay please test.
      • Still TODO for Helios: more message bundles, then submit to Babel; JUnit test plans, capabilities (or document). Greg looking at several of these. Beth working on PLDT message bundles and JUnit tests.
      • Builds: Each Friday, but following Tuesday is last chance to get code in before the build that goes into the Helios Repository before each milestone/release candidate build.
      • Next milestone is RC1 (Release Candidate 1) - platform build this Friday, our build the following Tuesday. Final RC1 is May 21.
    • RDT and remote status
      • Chris Recoskie is merging the RDT changes from cdt_5_0 and ptp_2_1 branches into HEAD. Hopes to be done with this today.
    • Resource Managers
      • PBS: Al Rossi, Roland Schulz - working on how to supply the script that is needed to submit a job
    • PLDT - Beth Tibbitts: Still working on some bugs. Have JUnit tests. need to fix up message bundles.
    • GEM/ISP - Alan Humphrey: Code changes to ISP (name changes to GEM, Graphical Explorer for MPI) have now been approved by Eclipse legal. Greg will check in soon. GEM replaces ISP in Eclipse PTP repository. GEM is container for other analysis too: DMA is a future analysis feature, supports Fortran and can scale larger than ISP. DMA will not be contributed before Helios release, however. ISP will add Fortran support this summer.
    • ETFw - Beth Tibbitts: ETFw feedback view being used by IBM compiler. No word from Wyatt re: rest of ETFw.
    • Photran - Jeff Overbey: Two committers leaving, but five new contributors joining from UIUC for the summer; fixed form refactoring support postponed; major new features in Helios will be Fortran 2008 support and C preprocessor support
    • Scalability - Dave Wootton: scalability work on flow control is about 50% done, proxy & client seem to be working. Need to work on limiting rate of message processing in the client, hopefully within 1 week. Proxy protocol work is being reworked.
  4. Other Business
    • Beth will start a "New and Noteworthy" collector on the wiki - to gather info for a "proper" N&N to go in the PTP help and in the Helios release info.
  5. Next meeting - June 8