Jump to: navigation, search

PTP/meetings/June 2011

< PTP‎ | meetings

June 2011 Meeting

Date: June 14, 2011 Time: 1:00 PM EDT

Call in information:

Toll Free (US): 888-426-6840
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-000-1018
Toll Free (UK): 0800-368-0638
Passcode: 2221402

Agenda

  1. Overall project, releases, etc.
    • Next builds, releases
      • 4.0.x Helios (4.0.7 released on May 14); outlook for a 4.0.8?
      • 4.1 Branch
      • 5.0 Indigo - official release is June 22
      • Parallel Package of 5.0.0 on Indigo
        • RC4 parallel package (EPP build) is available on Indigo package build page
        • How to update parallel package from PTP update site
    • Testing plans for coverages of features, platforms
    • Download stats - how to track for 5.0.0 via portal, plus package downloads?
    • Transition to Git
  2. Status Reports
    • PTP Core/debug
    • RDT and remote status
      • Synchronized Projects
    • Resource Managers - legacy and JAXB (configurable)
    • Monitoring - incl. new System Monitoring Perspective
    • PLDT
    • ETFw, other tool integrations (GEM, PPW, etc.)
    • Photran
    • Help changes for 5.0 - incl. New & Noteworthy
    • Other PTP contributions
  3. PTP User call report
  4. Education and Outreach
    • Upcoming workshops/tutorials
    • Status of outreach groups (grants etc.)
  5. Other Business
  6. Next meeting - July 12, 2011

Attendees

  • Greg Watson, IBM
  • Beth Tibbitts, IBM
  • Alan Humphrey, Utah SCI Institute
  • John Eblen, ORNL
  • Jeff Overbey, UIUC
  • Wyatt Spear, U.Oregon
  • Roland Schultz, ORNL
  • Jay Alameda, NCSA
  • Al Rossi, NCSA
  • Mike Kucera, IBM
  • Claudia Knobloch, Juelich
  • Hari Krishnam, LSU
  • Ray Liu, NCSA
  • Dave Wootton, IBM

Minutes

  1. Overall project, releases, etc.
    • Next builds, releases
      • 5.0 Indigo - near final builds...There will be an RC5 build. Final release is June 22
      • 4.x - 4.0.8 possibility: does RDT need a release after 4.0.7? Chris Thinks so
      • 4.1 Branch - Greg made the branch. IBM/Chris plan to use it. Greg will change version numbers
      • 5.0 release issues
        • Testing for Indigo is completed. 5.0.1 release will be a possibility soon. Don't know yet.
        • Download stats will use same URLs as 4.0 for p2 install, replace with 5.0. A ptp-master download/install will not bump download counts. Count parallel package downloads too of course.
      • Parallel Package of 5.0.0 on Indigo
        • RC4 parallel package (EPP build) is available on Indigo package build page
        • How to update parallel package from PTP update site
    • Transition to Git - CDT is changing to Git. CDT git tutorial and docs available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup/git. Wait about a month after CDT converts.
      • Do we want to transition to git? If so when? Roland would like to change, volunteers to coordinate our move: Open bug to track: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=349695. Roland will create wiki page to track.
      • Will Git usage change releng/build? Yes. Transition to Hudson build? Maybe at a later time.
  2. Status Reports
    • RDT - no news
      • Synchronized Projects - John Eblen - workig on empty dir sync. Greg says sync projects only work for C/C++ not Fortran. John says sync should work for Managed Projects. Greg had disabled. Some tweaking left to do.
    • Resource Managers - legacy and JAXB (configurable)
      • JAXB last minute bug fixes - seems stable. (See User Meetings below for a detailed tutorial on JAXB configurable Resource Managers)
      • System Monitoring Perspective (PBS ResMgr only).
      • PBS Legacy ResMgr removed, was buggy, encourage users to use new one.
      • Al working on developer docs
    • Monitoring - incl. new System Monitoring Perspective - Claudia
      • Hari Krishnan looking at using new RM framework?
    • GEM = Alan - tested local/remote, 32/64 bit, updated New and Noteworthy, Help. Ganesh at Utah has hired 2 more good undergrads to be working on GEM. Can add to 6.0 features. Alan now working for SCI but will continue to support PTP and GEM and possibly other features too.
    • Photran - Jeff
    • Other PTP contributions
  3. PTP User call report
    • Next User call is June 22 2pm ET (4th Wednesday) See PTP/PTP_User_Meetings - topic is JAXB Resource Manager. Al is working on slides.
  4. Education and Outreach
    • Upcoming workshops/tutorials - Teragrid TG11 at Salt Lake City. Jay giving 1/2 day tutorial the week before at Blue Waters Meeting.
      • We should hear about SC11 tutorial acceptance soon (N.B.: PTP tutorial was accepted for SC11)
    • Status of outreach groups (grants etc.)
      • SI2 User meeting week of August 22? SI2 group annual report due soon.
  5. Other Business
  6. Next meeting - July 12, 2011