Jump to: navigation, search

PTP/meetings/January 2010

< PTP‎ | meetings

January 2010 Meeting

Date: January 19, 2010 Time: 1:00 PM EST

Call in information:

Toll Free (US): 1 877-421-0033
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-181-6323
Local (US): +1 770-615-1250
Local (Germany): +49 695-170-9081
Passcode: 583191

Agenda

  1. Status Reports
    • PTP 3.0.1 release
      • CVS tagging
    • PTP 4.0 Helios build and status
    • RDT and remote status
    • Resource Managers
    • PLDT
    • ETFw
    • Photran
  2. Other Business
  3. Next meeting

Attendees

  • Greg Watson, IBM
  • Dave Wootton, IBM
  • Wyatt Spear, U. Oregon
  • Beth Tibbitts, IBM
  • Max Billingsley, U. Florida
  • Orion Poplawski, NWRA
  • Roland Schulz, UTK
  • Dieter Krachtus, UTK
  • Mike Kucera, IBM
  • Chris Recoskie, IBM
  • Jay Alameda, NCSA
  • Wyatt Spear, U. Oregon

Minutes

Status Reports

  • PTP 3.0.1 release
    • Still needs more testing
    • Had some build problems, but there is now a build available
    • CVS tagging problem raised by Orion, sort out on mailing list
  • PTP 4.0 Helios build and status
    • Next build coming up soon, Greg to email date to list
    • Any IP clearances need to be started asap
    • Reminder that this is a short release cycle, so major changes need to be made soon
  • RDT and remote status
    • RDT team focussed on product release in April
    • Most changes going into 2.1.4, Mike has been forward porting most to 3.0
    • Likely to skip 3.0 and go straight to 4.0
    • Greg getting back up to speed on remote issues after break
    • Roland and Dieter have been working on remote support
  • Resource Managers
    • Roland and Al working on PBS
    • Wyatt would like to help, possibly testing
    • Need to resolve which RM model to use
      • Schedule teleconf to discuss
  • PLDT
    • Work this year will focus on remote support, Fortran, and UPC
  • ETFw
    • Wyatt adding remote support for 4.0
      • Need to ensure remote API is stable
    • Beth working on feedback view
  • Photran
    • Three new refactorings contributed by Brazil, will go into 6.0
    • Need to resolve CDT launch configuration changes

Other Business

  • Max planning to contribute PPW plugin to PTP and UPC new project wizard to CDT
    • Need to announce contribution to ptp-dev asap
  • Update site
    • Beth would like to reorganize PTP update site, will send proposal to ptp-dev
    • Helios update site needs to be very simple, will look at this for M5 build
  • Comment that it would be nice to have Eclipse/PTP installations available
    • Happy to do this if someone volunteers!

Next Meeting

  • Tues Feb 9