Jump to: navigation, search

PTP/meetings/January 2006

< PTP‎ | meetings

January 2006 Meeting

Date: January 10, 2006 Time: 1:00 PM EST

Call in information:

Toll Free: 1 877 602-3585

Agenda

  1. PTP status & 1.0 release plans
  2. Other project status
  3. Other business
  4. Next meeting

Meeting Notes

Date: January 10, 2006 Time: 1:00 PM EST

Attendees

  • Luiz DeRose, Cray
  • Bob Moench, Cray
  • Beth Tibbitts, IBM
  • Bill Chung, IBM
  • Don Pazel, IBM
  • Wyatt Spear, University of Oregon
  • Greg Watson, LANL

PTP status & 1.0 release plans

Two components have been released, the remained of PTP is currently at RC2. Status of components as follows:

  • FDT - v1.0 released
  • MPI development tools - v1.0 released
  • Runtime - cleanup, bug fixing, testing
  • Debugger - functionality complete, testing

The licensing issue that was discovered with the debugger has now been addressed.

We are still working on packaging the runtime and debugger components.

Other Project Status

IBM

IBM have firmed up their project plans for PTP:

  1. OpenMP tools, similar to those provided for MPI. Currently working on extending the CDT parser to support pragmas. Changes to the parser will need to be incorporated back into the CDT code.
  2. Looking at integration with HPC Toolkit, support for Blue Gene, tracing/visualization, etc.
  3. Demonstrate more capabilities of PTP. Currently only demonstrating MPI tools, but would like to be able to demonstrate runtime and debugger functionality.

Beth asked about coding conventions for their development work. Eclipse coding conventions can be found here.

U of Oregon

Currently working on integrating TAU with the PTP launcher.

Cray

Interested in finding appropriate places for collaboration. One area of possibility is with the debugger.

Action: Greg to coordinate debugger discussion with Don, Luiz and Jeff Squires (OpenMPI) in February.

LANL

Greg has been busy coordinating a SciDAC proposal for the Parallel Tools Platform. The CFP is here. Letter of Intent due 23 January, full proposal 6 March.

Other business

Greg noted that his talk had been accepted at EclipseCon. Thanks to everyone who voted. We are planning to have another BOF this year, so please plan on attending.

Beth will try and work out how to make the PTP help information available on the web site.

Next meeting

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday February 14, 2006