PTP/meetings/December 2011

From Eclipsepedia

< PTP‎ | meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

December 2011 Meeting

Date: December 13, 2011 Time: 1:00 PM EDT

Call in information:

Toll Free (US): 888-426-6840
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-000-1018
Toll Free (UK): 0800-368-0638
Passcode: 2221402

Agenda

  1. Overall project, releases, etc.
    • Next builds, releases
      • 5.0 Indigo - 5.0.4 was released Nov 12; 5.0.5 outlook
      • 6.0 Juno - M4+2 is today Dec 11
      • Status and location of builds now on Hudson (Juno, Indigo, and 4.1)
    • Download stats - note here
      • Download prior to SR1: on 9/19 package downloads 6137, indigo update site 414, ptp update site 821 = total 7372
      • Package download counter on eclipse.org/downloads was zeroed out for SR1 (as of 12/12 it is 23,060)
    • Git status
  2. Status Reports
    • PTP Core/debug
    • RDT and remote status
      • Synchronized Projects
    • Resource Managers - legacy and JAXB (configurable)
    • Monitoring - incl. new System Monitoring Perspective
    • PLDT
    • ETFw, other tool integrations (GEM, PPW, etc.)
    • Photran
    • Docs, Help, Tutorials
    • Other PTP contributions
  3. PTP User call report
    • Previous call was Wed Oct 26 (4th Wednesday) See PTP/PTP_User_Meetings - answering various user questions
    • Next meeting - postponed until January 25, 2012
  4. Education and Outreach
    • SC11 recap
      • SC11 tutorial - Sunday Nov 13
      • SC11 BOF/User Group Meeting - Wed Nov 16 (need slides from presenters)
    • Status of outreach groups (grants etc.)
  5. Other Business
  6. Next meeting - January 10

Attendees

  • Beth Tibbitts, IBM
  • Wyatt Spear, U.Oregon
  • John Eblen, ORNL
  • Dave Wootton, IBM
  • Roland Schultz, ORNL
  • Dave Wootton, IBM
  • Claudio Knobloch, Juelich

Minutes

  1. Overall project, releases, etc.
    • Next builds, releases - new locations of builds now on hudson is at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/builds - all 6.0, 5.0.x, and 4.1 branches being built there now thanks to Greg.
      • 5.0 Indigo - 5.0.4 was released Nov 14 and used in the PTP SC11 tutorial Nov 13; ; 5.0.5 probably to be released in January
      • 6.0 Juno - M4+2 is today Dec 11; There are some problems with Photran, but probably not critical for M4.
    • Download stats - note here
      • Download prior to SR1: on 9/19 package downloads 6137, indigo update site 414, ptp update site 821 = total 7372
      • Parallel Package download: 23,284 as of 12/13. Note this counter on eclipse.org/downloads was zeroed out for SR1. We can also query update sites (Indigo and ptp-specific) download counters but package downloads are probably our best best to track. Roland said we could cherry pick but the history is more complex this way.
    • Git status
    • Roland says few questions so most developers must be comfortable with git now; Beth admitted problems with simple commit to 5.0, pull and merge into master, unexpected conflict, needed help to resolve conflict and merge.
  2. Status Reports
    • Synchronized Projects - John
      • Working on filters to choose what is synced. Can specify what to include and exclude. Waiting on CDT bug 363612. We may have to nag someone in CDT to get this applied.
      • Need to update wiki instructions for synchronized projects.
    • LLVM Resource Managers - Claudia
      • Can work with git now (held up for a while). Working on performance for large number of nodes, filtering of what's shown
    • PE JAXB resource manager - Dave
      • Run configuration for basic mode almost done. Working on hooking up to System Monitoring Perspective.
      • Scalability: for large number of nodes, need a scheme for dividing all nodes into a hierarchy. Will work on Advanced mode next.
      • UI shows all environment variables and user can choose. Where to put hover or other help describing the variables? Wyatt suggests checkboxes for enabling/disabling.
    • PLDT - Jeff is contributing PLDT assistance features for OpenACC. Bug 366241 Hoping to test on Cray compiler soon.
    • ETFw - Wyatt is helping Scholasca integrate tools with ETFw (technical university in Juelich. http://icl.cs.utk.edu/scalasca/)
    • Jeff - support for modules is important for NCSA. Where does this belong? PTP? CDT? Will send note to ptp-dev.
    • EclipseCon - Greg's talk on sync projects with Git was accepted; Wyatt and Beth's was not. Wyatt submitting it to OSCON
  3. PTP User call report
    • Next meeting - postponed until January 25, 2012
  4. Education and Outreach
    • SC11 recap
      • SC11 tutorial - Sunday Nov 13 - very positive. Awaiting feedback form results (ours and SC11's)
      • SC11 BOF/User Group Meeting - Wed Nov 16 (need slides from presenters)
  5. Next meeting - January 10