August 2013 Meeting
Date: August 13, 2013 Time: 1:00 PM EDT
Call in information:
Toll Free (US): 888-426-6840
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-000-1018
Toll Free (UK): 0800-368-0638
- Overall project, releases, etc.
- 7.0.3 release
- Luna M1
- Kepler SR1
- Downloads (see bottom of page)
- Status Reports
- PTP Core/debug
- RDT, Synchronized Project, Remote
- Target System Configuration support
- ETFw, other tool configurations
- Docs, Help, N&N
- Clients: WinXP/7, Linux, Mac
- Other tools/contributions
- Tutorials and Outreach
- User/Developer meeting
- SC13 tutorial - not accepted; appealed - no response
- XSEDE tutorial July 22 - on Kepler! In progress
- Next ptp-dev meeting Sep 10
Greg Watson, Wyatt Spear, Chris Navarro, Jay Alameda, Jeff Overbey, Beth Tibbitts, John Eblen
- 7.0.3 release - planned for Tomorrow (Aug. 14)
- Testing needed, a few bug fixes have been made. Greg made changes to TSC to add extra arg (bug 411843), some bugs related to saving Env. Mgmt.
- Luna M1 is next week M1+3 is next Wed. Aug. 21 - our Luna contribution is ready but disabled because our dependency CDT is disabled.
- Kepler SR1 RC1 is next week too (also Wed.) Aug. 21
- Assume our 7.0.3 will be our Kepler SR1 contribution. After RC1, RC2 is two weeks later, then RC2,3,4 are at weekly intervals.
- See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Kepler/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#SR1 But our dates are as follows (our builds are contributed on the "+3" day). EPP (package builds) are available on the Friday after this for each build.
- RC1+3 - Wed 8/21 ("warmup" build)
- RC2+3 - Wed 9/4
- RC3+3 - Wed 9/10
- RC4+3 - Wed 9/17 - Final Build
- Kepler SR1 release is Friday 9/27
- Greg has made some changes to our package: can we make the same ones to the parallel package? Can we get two committers on EPP? (beth is currently only committer)
35,732 today40,143 - Previous downloads page counts were incorrect (counted Windows only - corrected on 8/13
- Jeff: computers at Alabama Supercomputer Center - they avoid PBS and use custom scripts.
- Photran contribution being processed, bug created
- TechEx in Boulder - some bug fixes for Photranindexer etc. Want them to contribute before their funding ends. How to engage? Invite to User-Dev meeting?
- User-Dev meeting Sept. 13-14 - Registration page is up. http://www.ncsa.illinois.edu/Conferences/Eclipse/ - brainstorm Agenda ideas later .. see below
- Perfsuite: Rui needs to sign a contributor agreement, then Beth can check in.
- new feature means release review, bump release to 7.1 - could we include GIG? create ptp_7_1 to put it there.
- Bugs Greg has been working on...added argument to TSC... Arguments tab (add/remove arg in, didn't remove it), completed jobs still show up when they shouldn't (fixed), access launch config dialog object (useful for displaying progress monitor etc); Greg ran PTP code through Sonar - code issues listed. -- dev.eclipse.org/sonar PTP&Photran are listed, coding issues are listed. Potential performance issues and bug fixes possible. 31K violations detected. Some critical/blockers
- John: some sync refactoring, probably won't make SR1. Need very thorough testing.
- No new info on SC13 tutorial rejection. BOF submitted.
- XSEDE tutorial in San Diego July 22 - small attendance but good. First Kepler-based PTP Tutorials. Slides available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/tutorials/XSEDE2013
- XSEDE BOF had better attendance, very good. Beth will try to find minutes/attendees/user input and post. Very good feedback, many questions, much enthusiasm for PTP.
- Python sync projects are being used by Dave Hudak from Ohio State. PyDev project folks engagement?
- Jay - environment management BOF with Doug James, TACC using LMOD, as well as NCAR on Yellowstone (LMOD is similar to Modules but different; LMOD is under active development)
- User-Developer meeting Dates: Sept 13-14 (Friday and Saturday) in Chicago - http://www.ncsa.illinois.edu/Conferences/Eclipse/
- Agenda ideas; Carston and Wolfgang can attend
- Sonar / findbugs issues? Hackathon? Identify 2-3 high priority bugs and work on them.
- Milestones for SI2
- Discuss possible SI2 proposal for next year (Feb 2014 deadline) - and other funding opportunities??
- Jay discussed with NVIDIA possible contribution - but their work is based on a modified CDT. Greg+Beth had a call with NVIDIA a few months ago.
- OpenCL? ORNL and TACC are interested. Brian has been working with TACC
- Jeff: Absoft and NAG have their own IDEs for Fortran (have compilers too) - would they be interested in moving to eclipse?
- Gerrit and Git - Roland?
Next meeting Sept 10
Parallel Package Downloads
Download numbers, by month, of 'Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers' available on http://eclipse.org/downloads. Each release (e.g. R,SR1,SR2) the counts are set to 0 and restarted.
|Indigo SR1||thru Feb 2012||40,298|
|Indigo SR2||thru June 2012||64,860|
|Juno||(4 days!) June 2012||902||902|
|Juno SR1||September 2012||5346||5346|
|Juno SR1||October 2012||65,353||70,699|
|Juno SR1||November 2012||58,796||129,495|
|Juno SR1||December 2012||57,811||187,306|
|Juno SR1||January 2013||63,350||250,656|
|Juno SR1||February 2013||39,877||290,533|
|==Juno SR2==||March 2013||41,367||41,367|
|==Juno SR2==||April 2013||36,372||77,739|
|==Juno SR2==||May 2013||28,575||106,316|
|==Juno SR2==||June 2013||22,521||128,853|
|Kepler R||(5 days) June 2013||4003||4003|
|Kepler R||July 2013||26,070||30,073|
|Kepler R||August* 2013||40,143|
August* downloads as of August 13. Downloads page listed count as 35,732. Have confirmed with webmaster this was incorrect (windows counts only) so has been corrected. 40K is correct.