August 2012 Meeting
Date: August 14, 2012 Time: 1:00 PM EDT
Call in information:
Toll Free (US): 888-426-6840
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-000-1018
Toll Free (UK): 0800-368-0638
- Overall project, releases, etc.
- Next builds, releases
- 6.0 Juno - PTP 6.0.0 released June 27; 6.0.1 June 29; 6.0.2 date?
- Juno SR1 RC1+2 - Aug 21 (Sept 28 GA)
- Kepler M1+2 - Aug 21
- Should we change to +3?
- Download stats
- 15,261 for Juno Parallel package since Juno release June 27
- 64,860 total Indigo SR2 (PTP 5.0.x)
- Next builds, releases
- Status Reports
- PTP Core/debug
- RDT and remote status
- Synchronized Projects
- Resource Managers / Target System Configurations - legacy and JAXB (configurable)
- Monitoring - incl. new System Monitoring Perspective
- ETFw, other tool integrations
- Docs, Help, N&N
- Other PTP contributions
- Education and Outreach
- User/Developer Meeting
- SC12 Salt Lake City (Nov 19, accepted);
- SC12 for Wed Nov 21 5:30-7 PM (proposed)
- Other Business
- Next meeting - Tuesday September 11
- Beth Tibbitts, IBM
- Wyatt Spear, U.Oregon
- Jeff Overbey, NCSA
- Chris Navarro, NCSA
- Greg Watson, IBM
- John Eblen, ORNL
- David Alexander, TechX
- PTP 6.0.2 release - planned for Eclipse Juno SR1 - GA Sept 28
- includes bug fixes to Sync project, resource managers, etc.
- Need people to test!
- RC1 is Aug 21, weekly builds after that
- Kepler M1 is also Aug 21. We have indicated that PTP will participate in Kepler
- PTP to change from +2 to +3 to give us more time on each build. Too many changes in CDT etc. didn't give us enough time to react. No projects depend on PTP that we know of.
- ETFw - Wyatt -- ETFw is moving tabs to see the UI elements for the selected tool only. Should help usability.
- SI2 progress report is overdue, Wyatt is working on hardware counter and source code highlight features that were promised for SI2 this year.
- Chris N is shifting to another project but is working on replacing ETFw interface to layout with JAXB widgets
- Sync Projects - John E - fixed problems with importing projects to different workspaces
- Jeff - NCSA position is completing shortly - new job at Auburn in C refactoring. Assistant Research Professor working with Munwar Hafiz, for NSF accepted grant on C refactoring.
- Is committed to doing SC tutorial as planned; plans to continue as Photran lead through Kepler release.
- Greg wants to improve integration with include files.
- Next PTP User meeting is August 22
Parallel Package Downloads
Download numbers, by month, of 'Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers' available on http://eclipse.org/downloads. Each release (e.g. SR0,SR1,SR2) the counts are set to 0 and restarted.
|Indigo SR1||thru Feb 2012||40,298|
|Indigo SR2||thru June 2012||64,860|
|Juno||(4 days!) June 2012||902||
August* downloads through August 14
Juno by platform through July: Win32 2443; Win64 3218; Linux32 608; Linux64 2225; Mac32 136; Mac64 441
Totals Windows 5661; Linux 2833; Mac 583