August 2008 Meeting
Date: August 12, 2008 Time: 1:00 PM EST
Call in information:
Toll Free (US): 1 877-421-0033
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-181-6323
Local (US): +1 770-615-1250
Local (Germany): +49 695-170-9081
- PTP Status
- 2.1 release planning. This will include setting the timetable for the 2.1 release.
- Project Reports
- Debugger; 2.1 alpha
- UNICORE integration
- Next meeting
- Beth Tibbitts, IBM Research
- Greg Watson, IBM Research
- Wyatt Spear, University of Oregon
- Howard Lander, RENCI
- Chris Recoskie, IBM
- Daniel Farber, IBM Brazil
- Leonardo Garcia, IBM Brazil
- Max Billingsley, University of Florida
- Jeremy Swan, IBM
- Mike Kucera, IBM
- Roland Schulz, UTK
- Dave Wootton, IBM
- Jason Montojo, IBM
- PTP release planning
- Release scheduled for Oct 31, 2008
- API and feature freeze Sep 30, 2008
- Milestone builds: will be available at available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/builds/2.1
- M1 - Aug 29
- M2 - Sep 12
- M3 - Sep 26
- Release candidate builds:
- RC1 - Oct 10
- RC2 - Oct 17
- RC3 (if needed) - Oct 24
- Will include:
- Work being done by IBM on new resource manager functionality to simplify support for MPI-based systems.
- Debugger changes to remove OMPI dependencies, prepare for future integration with STCI.
- Some additional PLDT functionality (including UPC assistance features and MPI code templates)
- Remote Development Tools (RDT).
- Project Reports
- Wyatt reported that he has been working adding support for parametric runs to the PTF. He is also going to looking at support remote build and launch.
- Chris talked about RDT progress. All views are now supported apart from the include explorer. He has just about finished the remote makefile builder, and hopes to have a wizard that will automatically deploy the remote jar files available in 2.1.
- Beth talked about PLDT progress. UPC assistance tools are in PLDT 2.1 as well as MPI templates. (Suggestions for more templates welcome.) Still need to make one workaround for UPC content types so help will appear, until CDT fixes it.
- Greg talked about RM/debugger progress. Alpha build of 2.1 available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/builds/2.1
- UNICORE discussion postponed until next meeting.
- Next meeting is Tuesday September 9, 1:00 pm ET