April 2011 Meeting
Date: April 12, 2011 Time: 1:00 PM EDT
Call in information:
Toll Free (US): 888-426-6840
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-000-1018
Toll Free (UK): 0808-234-5071
- Status Reports
- Next builds, releases
- 4.0.x Helios
- 5.0 Indigo
- Next up: M7+2 Tuesday May 3
- RC1+2 is Tues May 17
- Parallel Package of 5.0.0 on Indigo
- M7 EPP build should be available on M7 final day, Friday May 6
- Testing plans for coverages of features, platforms
- See PTP/testing/5.x#Test_Matrix
- How to track coverage (who tests what) vs. Results (have tests been run)
- When is 'final' candidate build that needs to have the most extensive testing?
- RDT and remote status
- Resource Managers
- ETFw, other tool integrations (GEM, PPW, etc.)
- Other PTP contributions
- Next builds, releases
- PTP User call report
- Next User call is Apr 27 2pm ET (4th Wednesday) See PTP/PTP_User_Meetings
- Other Business
- Next meeting - May 10, 2011
- Greg Watson, IBM
- Beth Tibbitts, IBM
- Dave Wootton, IBM
- Al Rossi, NCSA
- Wyatt Spear, U.Oregon
- Claudia Knobloch, Juelich
- Alan Humphrey, U.Utah
- Chris Recoskie, IBM
- Jeff Overbey, UIUC
- PTP 4.0.7 - IBM has some bug fixes to put in this. Now set for end of April (April 29). Photran/UIUC is looking forward to this too though.
- PTP 5.0
- M7+2 is May 3; RC1+2 is May 17
- at RC1 things should be "finalized". Al says he is close with Res Mgr changes. Work is now happening to pull the Res Mgr Monitoring and Control together (mostly by Greg)
- EPP Parallel Package - M6 download available at 
- we can't include LinuxTools since it won't work on every platform. Should we contact LinuxTools project folks? Beth will investigate.
- Note that linuxtools should support Mac as well as Linux
- Also need to include in package: jaxp - Al requests, needed by new Res Mgr infrastructure
- Also need to include jGit - Roland requested for new rsync feature
- Testing - we need everyone to test as they signed up for on the test matrix on the wiki. See PTP/testing/5.x#Test_Matrix. Suggested testing with epp-parallel package. (Some can test with CPP or SDK + PTP if desired. Wouldn't be a bad idea for some to test this way.)
- Wiki - need to update list of tests. IBM has a team testing PTP 4.0 features. Dave will request that they test some on 5.0 as well.
- PPW - need to ask Max if he or U.Florida will test PPW, to leave it in 5.0. Beth will contact him.
- SLURM - need a committed tester for this. Greg says... a group in Australia plans to add SLURM for BlueGene when Al's ResMgr work is done.
- New Res Mgr infrastructure
- Al plans to leave Legacy PBS Res Mgr in 5.0. Greg agrees we will leave all the legacy Res Mgrs in 5.0. Need a consistent way to name/label them. PBS may be the only new one for now. Greg plans to implement OpenMPI too. Dave W says PE will probably not be implemented in new infrastructure for June, perhaps for SR1 (September).
- Doc for new Res Mgr - Al will send Beth some overview info and Beth will add something to help; more detail can be added along the way on a wiki page.
- Mike Lindo - wkg on gnu toolchain for M7. want to backport to 4.0.x. will try for 4.0.7. (possibly 4.0.8)
- Rsync/Greg reporting for Roland and John
- Git version basics are done
- wkg on build using RDT remote builder; using standard CDT build configuration
- Greg is looking at remote includes; partially working; can open from outline view; working on getting it to work with indexer; must deal with URIs.
- Trying to use UNC - Univ Naming Convention //hostname/path - "almost" like a URI then don't lost the hostname in a URI. IPath supports UNC. May not be done in time to get into CDT. (If not, workspace will reflect local environment only)
- Resource Manager - two parallel efforts
- Al is doing control - Claudia is doing User interface - lots of progress for both
- Claudia has been nominated as committer
- Al - close to having a working prototype. 1 more things to do - import plugin containing ... into the workspace. Import/export from/to workspace. Status updates are not being displayed. Greg looks forward to doing OpenMPI.
- Claudia - local tableviewer communicates with node display. When basics are done, need meeting to discuss how it works with everyone. Have >250 lines to commit; Greg advises wait till committer status done (next week?) easier to just commit code herself.
- PLDT - Beth
- plans to get minor changes in for 5.0 to feedback view and update MPI and OpenMP release levels of APIs supported
- ETFw - Wyatt
- Remote work is close to working
- GEM - Alan
- Remote-enabling is complete, works with RemoteTools as well as RSE. Done!
- Will update New&Noteworthy with this info.
- HPC class at Utah has several new PTP users!
- Photran - Jeff
- 7.0 New&Noteworthy already updated; Greg wants to get changes into Photran for remote includes, even if it doesn't get into CDT
- Jeff's PhD defense is probably in May or August
- User call - last call used a new web conference software - much better. Users want to see a real app next. Interested in config support. Next user call is Apr 27
- Next PTP developers call is May 10