Jump to: navigation, search

PTP/meetings/April 2011

< PTP‎ | meetings

April 2011 Meeting

Date: April 12, 2011 Time: 1:00 PM EDT

Call in information:

Toll Free (US): 888-426-6840
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-000-1018
Toll Free (UK): 0808-234-5071
Passcode: 2221402

Agenda

  1. Status Reports
    • Next builds, releases
      • 4.0.x Helios
      • 5.0 Indigo
        • Next up: M7+2 Tuesday May 3
        • RC1+2 is Tues May 17
      • Parallel Package of 5.0.0 on Indigo
        • M7 EPP build should be available on M7 final day, Friday May 6
    • Testing plans for coverages of features, platforms
      • See PTP/testing/5.x#Test_Matrix
      • How to track coverage (who tests what) vs. Results (have tests been run)
      • When is 'final' candidate build that needs to have the most extensive testing?
    • RDT and remote status
    • Resource Managers
    • PLDT
    • ETFw, other tool integrations (GEM, PPW, etc.)
    • Photran
    • Other PTP contributions
  2. PTP User call report
  3. Other Business
  4. Next meeting - May 10, 2011

Attendees

  • Greg Watson, IBM
  • Beth Tibbitts, IBM
  • Dave Wootton, IBM
  • Al Rossi, NCSA
  • Wyatt Spear, U.Oregon
  • Claudia Knobloch, Juelich
  • Alan Humphrey, U.Utah
  • Chris Recoskie, IBM
  • Jeff Overbey, UIUC

Minutes

  • PTP 4.0.7 - IBM has some bug fixes to put in this. Now set for end of April (April 29). Photran/UIUC is looking forward to this too though.
  • PTP 5.0
    • M7+2 is May 3; RC1+2 is May 17
    • at RC1 things should be "finalized". Al says he is close with Res Mgr changes. Work is now happening to pull the Res Mgr Monitoring and Control together (mostly by Greg)
  • EPP Parallel Package - M6 download available at [1]
    • we can't include LinuxTools since it won't work on every platform. Should we contact LinuxTools project folks? Beth will investigate.
    • Note that linuxtools should support Mac as well as Linux
    • Also need to include in package: jaxp - Al requests, needed by new Res Mgr infrastructure
    • Also need to include jGit - Roland requested for new rsync feature
  • Testing - we need everyone to test as they signed up for on the test matrix on the wiki. See PTP/testing/5.x#Test_Matrix. Suggested testing with epp-parallel package. (Some can test with CPP or SDK + PTP if desired. Wouldn't be a bad idea for some to test this way.)
    • Wiki - need to update list of tests. IBM has a team testing PTP 4.0 features. Dave will request that they test some on 5.0 as well.
    • PPW - need to ask Max if he or U.Florida will test PPW, to leave it in 5.0. Beth will contact him.
    • SLURM - need a committed tester for this. Greg says... a group in Australia plans to add SLURM for BlueGene when Al's ResMgr work is done.
  • New Res Mgr infrastructure
    • Al plans to leave Legacy PBS Res Mgr in 5.0. Greg agrees we will leave all the legacy Res Mgrs in 5.0. Need a consistent way to name/label them. PBS may be the only new one for now. Greg plans to implement OpenMPI too. Dave W says PE will probably not be implemented in new infrastructure for June, perhaps for SR1 (September).
    • Doc for new Res Mgr - Al will send Beth some overview info and Beth will add something to help; more detail can be added along the way on a wiki page.
  • RDT/Chris
    • Mike Lindo - wkg on gnu toolchain for M7. want to backport to 4.0.x. will try for 4.0.7. (possibly 4.0.8)
  • Rsync/Greg reporting for Roland and John
    • Git version basics are done
    • wkg on build using RDT remote builder; using standard CDT build configuration
    • Greg is looking at remote includes; partially working; can open from outline view; working on getting it to work with indexer; must deal with URIs.
      • Trying to use UNC - Univ Naming Convention //hostname/path - "almost" like a URI then don't lost the hostname in a URI. IPath supports UNC. May not be done in time to get into CDT. (If not, workspace will reflect local environment only)
  • Resource Manager - two parallel efforts
    • Al is doing control - Claudia is doing User interface - lots of progress for both
    • Claudia has been nominated as committer
    • Al - close to having a working prototype. 1 more things to do - import plugin containing ... into the workspace. Import/export from/to workspace. Status updates are not being displayed. Greg looks forward to doing OpenMPI.
    • Claudia - local tableviewer communicates with node display. When basics are done, need meeting to discuss how it works with everyone. Have >250 lines to commit; Greg advises wait till committer status done (next week?) easier to just commit code herself.
  • PLDT - Beth
    • plans to get minor changes in for 5.0 to feedback view and update MPI and OpenMP release levels of APIs supported
  • ETFw - Wyatt
    • Remote work is close to working
  • GEM - Alan
    • Remote-enabling is complete, works with RemoteTools as well as RSE. Done!
    • Will update New&Noteworthy with this info.
    • HPC class at Utah has several new PTP users!
  • Photran - Jeff
    • 7.0 New&Noteworthy already updated; Greg wants to get changes into Photran for remote includes, even if it doesn't get into CDT
    • Jeff's PhD defense is probably in May or August
  • User call - last call used a new web conference software - much better. Users want to see a real app next. Interested in config support. Next user call is Apr 27
  • Next PTP developers call is May 10