This page will be used to collect comments about PDE and our development process that were noticed during 3.8. What did we do well? What could be better? What should we do next release?
Git Best Practices
- Follow the recommended Git Workflows
- Attach commmit links/info in bugs
- Always keep documentation in mind. If you see missing doc and don't fix, always file a doc bug. (repeat from last release)
- Screenshots will need to move to Windows 7 in the near future.
- Keep expectations of bug reporters high. There are not enough committers to work out steps to reproduce, they should be provided by the reporter.
- Be more aggressive closing bugs with no feedback from the original submitter / community. (repeat from last release)
- The use of keywords and tags made the inbox much easier to navigate.
- Holding status meetings monthly is an appropriate frequency.
- Doc pass went smoother with bugs already existing for most issues.