This document is a place to brainstorm about what we want to do in 0.4.
See the official plan document here.
Most of the work in Orion should fall under some agreed upon themes for the release. This is a working list of ideas. If some themes can be coalesced into others that is fine. To start this is a fairly large list which needs to be prioritized.
- Need a parser that can handle errors [Mark, Jay]
- Investigate CodeMirror modes support for language highlighting within the editor [Mark]
- CSSLint a regular part of Orion CQ 5785 [John]
- Initial Browser debug communication and injection to handle console commands from Orion [Grant, Mike]
- Update our 3rd party libraries including DoJo, RequireJS, JSDoc [Simon, John]
- Closer alignment with OSGi services [Simon]
- Authentication integration with service registry [Simon, Gosia]
- Examine use of require.js and module granularity [Simon]
- Investigate approaches to localization support [Simon]
- Long running tasks bug 344148 bug 344012 [Susan, Gosia]
- Search and replace improvements bug 359739 bug 344200 bug 334709 bug 362827 [Libing, John]
- User access to preferences [Gosia]
- There is also the Editor items under consideration here Editor Items for 0.4
- User interface refresh and improved initial user experience [Susan, Ken]
- Improve Mobile UI experience bug 359875 bug 339427 bug 340615 bug 359567 [Susan, Silenio]
- Support patch workflow and improve branch management in Git bug 361425 bug 361909 bug 360472 bug 345397 bug 347066 bug 357787bug 359273 (blocked by bug 309355 in JGit) [Tomasz]
- Investigate approaches for deeper cross-site integration (delegated UI / bookmarklets) [Simon, Susan, Szymon]
- Identifying common tasks and providing better access to contextual movement bug 361003 bug 359277bug 349531 bug 360986 bug 360988 [Susan, Anton, Libing]
- Semantic URLs with relevant contextual information for the task bug 358769 bug 358767 bug 342739 [Susan, Simon]