OCL/New and Noteworthy/2020-03
Eclipse OCL New and Noteworthy items for the 2020-03 (6.11.0) release.
This minor release fixes a few bugs and provides enhanced extensibility for OCL-based applications such as QVT.
The addition of and2/implies2/not2/or2/xor2 provides first class support for what most OCL users want 99.9% of the time; Boolean operations that crash if their inputs are not 2-valued and consequently only ever return 2-valued results.
The Bug 560196 fix also available in 6.10.1 fixes a major howler in regard to saving fom the OCLinEcore editor.
The prevailing Eclipse OCL release candidate is auto-tested every week on Oxygen, Photon, 2018-09, 2018-12, 2019-03, 2019-06, 2019-09 and 2019-12 platforms using Jenkins on Linux.
2020-03 release should be installable on Mars and Neon platforms provided Xtext 2.9 or greater is also installed.
The 2020-03 sources are buildable on 2020-03 only.
Java 8 on Windows was used to develop and test the milestones of this release.
Java 12 on Windows was briefly used to maintain and test the 2020-03 release candidates. It appears to work although Java code generation/compilation is nearly three times slower.
Java 8 on Jenkins, Linux was used to build and test the release candidates.
The Classic Ecore/UML plugins have been tested on Mars, Neon, Oxygen and Photon and on a Java 5 Virtual Machine. Standalone execution requires only the org.eclipse.osgi plugin from Eclipse Kepler or a spoof of org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS and org.eclipse.osgi.framework.
The Pivot plugins require at least a Java 8 Virtual Machine and at least Xtext 2.9.1. Testing on Oxygen has a couple of test failures. Testing on Mars and Neon has a few editor/console startup failures.
- 544165 Multiple CMEs during a packge search are now tolerated.
- 559203 http://www.eclipse.org/ocl/1.1.0/oclstdlib.ecore is now registered by an extension point.
- 559209 http://www.eclipse.org/ocl/1.1.0/OCL is now registetred by extension point rather than lazily.
- 499816 and2/implies2/not2/or2/xor2 now fully supported and tsted
- 499816 and2/implies2/not2/or2/xor2 now parseable
- 560196 OCLinEcore editor once again saves non-empty contents.