OCL/New and Noteworthy/2018-09
Eclipse OCL New and Noteworthy items for the 2018-09 (6.5.0) release.
This minor release fixes many bugs and provides enhanced extensibility for OCL-based applications such as QVT.
The major changes are:
The Photon release is installable on Mars, Neon and Oxygen platforms provided Xtext 2.9 or greater is also installed.
The Photon sources are buildable on Photon.
Java 8 on Windows was used to develop and test the milestones of this release.
Java 10 on Windows was briefly used to maintain and test the Photon release candidates. It sort of works but standalone tests failed due to 534884 and so final release development reverted to Java 8.
Java 8 on Jenkins, Linux was used to build and test the release candidates.
The Classic Ecore/UML plugins have been tested on Mars, Neon and Oxygen and on a Java 5 Virtual Machine. Standalone execution requires only the org.eclipse.osgi plugin from Eclipse Kepler or a spoof of org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS and org.eclipse.osgi.framework.
The Pivot plugins require at least a Java 8 Virtual Machine and at least Xtext 2.9.1. Testing on Oxygen has a couple of test failures. Testing on Mars and Neon has a few editor/console startup failures.
- 527458 Jenkins Job added to demonstrate Oxygen and earlier compatibility.
- 527458 Jenkins Job added to demonstrate that Classic Ecore tests run on a standalone Java 5 classpath.
- 527458 Jenkins Job added to demonstrate that Classic UML tests run on a standalone Java 5 classpath.
- 535493 Migrate to EPL 2.0.
- 535712 Derived Pivot resources are immutable, unsaveable avoiding HTTP 405s
- 535842 Derived Pivot resources are immutable, unsaveable avoiding *.oclas workspace pollution
- 535888 Built-in Pivot metamodel model now shared rather than recreated
- 535999 Successful evaluation of correctly-named wrongly-scoped Property avoided
- 536125 A CS save no longer leads to unresolved proxies for the OCL Standard Library