MOMOCS Metamodel and Simple Editor
The MODISCO MOMOCS Simple Editor is aiming to aid the evolution of complex systems.
Its main Characteristics are:
- Complexity Handling
- Focus on the architecture
- Supports vertical & horizontal system decomposition
- Integration with KDM (OMG) in progress
The metamodel is encoded using EMF. This allows different vendors to easily create a tightly coupled IDE for modernizing existing applications. Some proof-of-concepts eclipse plug-ins are also provided, with the purpose to show the possibility to harvest the architectural structure of existing systems, and produce an XSM model of the to-be-modernized system.
The contribution is composed of:
- The EMF-based XSM metamodel and corresponding simple editor allowing the end-user to interact with metamodel elements both for visualizing it and for manually transforming it
- A J2EE model discoverer: analyzing the source artifacts of a Java 2 Enterprise Edition system, this tool is able to harvest its architectural structure, and produce the corresponding XSM model of the system.
A more detailed description of the MoDisco MOMOCS metamodel and simple editor is on MOMOCS website.
The Modisco version of the MOMOCS metamodel and simple editor plug-in is available from the MoDisco SVN:
- September 2009
- By Matteo Miraz, Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione, Politecnico di Milano
- Please, ask your questions on the MoDisco forum