Minutes from Meeting of September 20th 10:00 - 11:00 (BST)
- Adrian Skehill (IONA)
- Jerry Preissler (Sopera)
- Andrei Shakirin (Sopera)
- Johnson Ma (IONA)
- Jonathan Huang (IONA)
- Denny Fu (IONA)
- Chandra Jain
- Oisin Hurley (IONA)
- Adrian Mos (INRIA)
Meeting opened with Adrian S. nominated to take minutes.
Adrian gave a quick overview of the agenda and asked if there were any other items that needed to be discussed. Andrei asked about the process of getting Sopera's Policy Editor contribution ready. Adrian explained that at a high level, the following steps would need to be taken:
- All Java code would require to have org.eclipse.stp as the package name
- Any third party dependencies would need to be identified, and if there are ones outside of the Orbit Component, these would need to be treated separately.
- Once code was ready for submission, a bugzilla bug should be created on the eclipse bug tracking system, and all the code attached (as a zip file). When done, the stp-pmc list should be notified, and then a member of the PMC would file a Contribution Questionnaire so that a legal review could then be conducted.
- Any dependencies on eclipse plugins would be managed by the build system, and Adrian would provide assistance once the contribution came in to insure it would be fully integrated into the STP builds.
Andrei explained that he had a number of dependencies on third party jars but was going to look at the Orbit project to see if they were already present.
Moving on, Adrian spoke about the planning for STP 0.8 and subsequent milestones. This is still work in progress and will try to have some additional material for next weeks meeting. Johnson spoke about plans around the Java First Refactoring and the Policy Framework pieces that he currently has on the mailing list for discussion. Those interested are advised to read the discussion on the mailling list and follow up.
Adrian spoke about the upcoming STP presentation at the eclipse summit. Content will be needed from other teams (including those with upcoming contributions to STP) in advance. He will send an email to the alias requesting input from other teams.
Remaining issues from previous meetings
- "Johnson to setup cruise control"
- "Oisin to identify incubation process"
- "Oisin to discuss status of STP Core with PMC"
Closed from previous meetings
- "Update build system to indicate incubation status"
- "Oisin to send on link to stp-dev on Swordfish"
- "Adrian M. to send on samples for hybrid model"
- "Adrian S. to triage open bugs and publish list"
- "David B. to produce documentation on the Policy Editor"
- "Oisin & Adrian to produce proposal on STP Web site structure"
- "Jonathan to get Tusccany API jars into IPZilla"
- "Adrian S. to produce proposal on Buckminster / SVN Migration"