This is the monthly meeting for the LocationTech working group.
Time and Location
- Updates: web site, top level project, members, committee meetings
- October 26, 2012 is the deadline to sign up as a LocationTech Founder. Founders will forever be noted in LocationTech's about page.
- Founders will be participating in media coverage, joint press releases, blogs, etc.
- The Technology top level project for LocationTech has been approved & created. We're now ready to create projects.
- The web site is on-line. It'll be roughly another week before it is ready for launch
- Read more
OpenStreetMap - Alex Barth (Mapbox) - Watch the video
(20 minutes presentation via. Google Hangout & On-Air + discussion after)
- Architecture committee
- Industry survey
- 2013 events planning
- Latinoware 2012 Oct 15th - Jody doing a keynotes on the value of joining a foundation
- Possible event partnerships: OSGeo, Directions, IMIA, etc.
The following people plan to attend:
- Andrew Ross - Eclipse Foundation
- Jody Garnett - uDig & OSGeo member
- Xavier Lopez - Oracle
- Craig Statchuk - IBM
- Heather Leson - Ushahidi
- Phil Bogden - RadiantBlue
- Frank Gasdorf - uDig (PSC)
- Geoff Zeiss - Between the Poles
- Thierry Badard - Spatialytics
- Chris Holmes, Eddie Pickle - OpenGeo
- Alex Barth - Mapbox
- Werner Keil - Independent consultant & Eclipse UOMo project lead
+ others unannounced. We had 37 people on the call.
- Tyler Mitchell - Actian
- Dave McIlhagga - DM Solutions Group
- Dave Sonnen - IDC & Consultant to Teradata
- Thierry Badard - Spatialitics