The aim of this page is to list a set of tools and references that could be used to write tests in JWT, to put JWT into a continuous integration process.
Resources and tools
- PDE JUnit. More informations in chapter 12 of Kent Beck and Erich Gamma's book: [Contributing to Eclipse: Contributing to Eclipse: Principles, Patterns, and Plug-In] (Translated in French at CampusPress edition)
- Allows to use unit test that depend on Eclipse framework (loads Eclipse framework in another JVM, and then run tests)
- It is advised to use one test plugin for each plugin we want to test. This way, we have a better control on dependencies, and it facilitate the use of Test-Driven Development.
- JMock is often used to create mock files in unit testing process.
- Can we mock some SWT classes?
- Eclipse TPTP
- Eclipse Official Project
- TODO: try it
- does not seem really ergonomic
- SWTBot is a young tool that automates UI event and polls.
- Very young project, does not seem mature enough
- Abbot is an open-source project that is may be able to record UI event an to automatically run them.
- Abbot wiki page
- This tool does not seem to be functional yet with SWT...
- IBM Rational Tester
- Bretex proposes a tool that is able to *automatically* test SWT UI. This tool is named GUIDancer. However, it is a commercial software.
- Here is their presentation at EclipseCON2008.
- Since it is a commercial tool, it might be impossible to add this tool in JWT build. But maybe one day, it will be open-sourced...