|Mailing List • Forums • IRC • mattermost|
|Open • Help Wanted • Bug Day|
As of WTP 3.0, JSDT is part of the Web Tools Platform.
- syntax differences - parse definitions
- additional program elements with no correspondence in Java
- object literals
- for (var in collection)
Libraries aren't limited to browser objects. AJAX runtimes can fit nicely into libraries, as would a website's standard set of utility functions. Really the possibilities are limitless. And the library mechanism is extremely easy to expand both by the end-user or through extension points.
|JDT function||JSDT function|
|Build path||Libraries + Global Scope (frequently referred to as an "Include Path")|
|JDK level (1.4 vs 1.5)||ECMAscript level 3 vs 4 (v.3 supported now, v.4 will not be implemented as the specification was abandoned)|
|Compile||Validation & flow analysis|
The following JSDT extension points are supported :
- Global Scope variable initializer
- Global Scope container initializer core
- Code formatter
- Validation participant
Currently the JSDT is represented in an AST.
The following jsdt.ui extension points will be supported :
- Global Scope container initializer ui (Wizzard, content assist images and type/text naming)