The IdASRegistry is responsible for managing context factories available in the Identity Attribute Service. Specifically, the following services are offered:
- Initialize itself from an XRDS document. This can come from a local file, from XRI resolution or from other sources. Each service endpoint in that XRDS document describes a context factory and includes one or more <Type> elements, which describe the ContextTypes that can be opened by the context factory.
- Discover, instantiate and configure a context factory based on a ContextId. This is the core service of IdASRegistry.
- Discover, instantiate and configure a context factory based on a context type (a String).
- Enumerate all registered context factories.
- Add an already instantiated and configured context factory to the registry. This is a secondary service and in most cases should not be necessary.
The IdASRegistry has dependencies on the following projects:
- org.eclipse.higgins.idas.api and org.eclipse.higgins.idas.common for basic IdAS interfaces and shared classes
- org.eclipse.higgins.configuration.xrds is used to read context factory configuration as well as context configuration from XRDS documents.