Higgins Development Processes
Changes to Component Interfaces (APIs)
- Discuss proposed changes on higgins-dev and gather consensus.
- Locally implement the agreed-upon change (may take days or weeks).
- Announce to higgins-dev that the change is ready.
- Announce that the changes will be checked in on a certain date. Negotiate with others on the date as required.
- Barring any further contention, check in on the agreed-upon date.
Changes to a Component You Don't Own
- If changes are required in Components other than one you own, you must email the owner(s) the set of attached diffs cc--ing higgins-dev
- Wait for approval from the owner(s) before checking in
Announcements of Significant Changes
- Committers should post to higgins-dev when they make changes of general interest to other Higgins committers