First time HBX starts up
- If HBX has NOT been "seeded" (from where it was downloaded) with a Higgins service URL (or with an i-name) then prompt user for URI:"Enter URL of Higgins Service: ____________ (Or, if your i-broker is configured with a Higgins Service, you can just type in your i-name, e.g. "=drummond.reed")"
- If user entered an i-name then HBX determines the Higgins Service URL by performing XRI resolution on the i-name
- If the user typed an i-name then this will be their higgins accountName, else prompt the user for an email address. Send this email address to Higgins Service (URL) for validation.
- We just test that it is a valid email address, but don't send to their inbox, etc. We will *really* validate the email address later in the process. Since either (a) the user already has an account with the pw in the Firefox pw manager or (b) we're creating a new account, we don't need to bogg down this HBX startup process with asking them to check email, click on a link, etc.
- Password determination: If there is already a password for this combination of (URL, accountName) then use it, otherwise generate a strong but memorable password (by putting three words together (e.g. "BEETLE SUNSHINE FRANCE") and display the following to the user:
- Higgins has set your password to <password> to the Higgins Service. Please memorize it. This is a very important password. Click here <checkbox> to have Firefox Password Manager remember it for you.
- Connect to the Higgins Service at URL using (accountName,password)
- Retrieve the EULA / Terms of Service text, display it and have the user "Accept" or "Cancel"
- Display and have the user accept the Higgins Privacy Agreement
- Future: Drag & drop a vCard (optional) [to create & initialize a "Personal" personal card]
- Edit "Personal" I-Card
Nth time HBX starts up
- Connect and authenticate to Higgins Service at URL using accountName and password from Firefox password manager
- Background processing of HTML scraping jobs (e.g. identity verification)