HBX How To Generate New Server Account
While we are still debugging HBX and its interactions with a hosted Higgins service, there are times when you might want to blow away your user account on the Higgins service and start fresh.
Note: Deinstalling and reinstalling HBX will not achieve this since the account username and password are stored in the Firefox password manager (and thus this information persists).
- In Firefox with HBX installed, click Tools > Options...
- Click on Privacy (Padlock) tab
- Click View Saved Passwords in lower right corner
- Search for http://broker.parityinc.net and select it
- Click Remove
- Restart Firefox (must close all Firefox windows)
When Firefox restarts and HBX starts up, it will generate a new username/password pair (you'll again see them in password manager).
HBX on startup automatically checks the Firefox-stored login/password for the server and deletes them if login/password does not exist on the server.