Gemini/Meetings/Minutes Oct 28 2010
Gemini Meeting - Thursday Oct 28, 2010
Attendees: Bob Nettleton, Shaun Smith, Mike Keith
- Subproject Updates
- Graduation and release review seems to have been successful
- Release scheduled for Oct 29
- Nothing to report
- JJ confirmed his de-involvement, Mike to act as lead until a replacement is found
- Some interactions with an individual wanting support for ProgreSQL and willing to donate it
- Discussions around how to structure the DBAccess code to allow easier driver version upgrading
- (means two JARs per driver instead of one)
- Made M2 available last week
- Have done some project metadata work, as well as more code and test reorg
- Shaun has done some work to allow Gemini JPA to use the EclipseLink javax.persistence bundle
- This would make it unnecessary for Gemini to ship its own javax.persistence JAR.
- Still undergoing discussion with SAP around taking this project over.
- Mike to approach Equinox and Felix to see if they plan on shipping the MBeans as part of the framework
- No update from Costin for quite some time.
- Graduation and Release
- Need some documented process document for dev, testing and decision making
- (Will look over at other projects to see if we are happy with what others have already established)
- Will amend the schedule for release and graduation since most of the projects do not seem to be ready or available to make the original dates
- Shaun is giving a Gemini talk next week at EclipseCon so if anyone has anything they want included let him know