Gemini/Meetings/Minutes Nov 22 2011

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Gemini Meeting - Tues Nov 22, 2011

Attendees: Mike Keith, Chris Frost, Violeta Georgieva, Lazar Kirchev, Tom Ware, Juergen Kissner

  1. Subproject Updates
    • Web
      • Working on bugs
      • Planning a release for end of year
    • Management
      • Chris joined as a committer and is working on adding the new OSGi spec functionality
      • Cleaned up project build process
      • Migrated to git
      • Planning a release for end of year
      • Action: Mike to send out link about what is needed to prepare for a release at Eclipse
    • DBAccess
      • CQ to update Derby release from 10.5 to 10.8
      • Would like to get later version of Derby into Orbit
      • Action: Tom to send out info about process for getting something into Orbit
    • JPA
      • No significant updates to report
    • Naming
      • Bob is working on a different project and is no longer able to participate in Naming
      • He has agreed to write up some doc and Mike will try (hopefully with help from others) to do the rest of the release work
      • The project is pretty stable and not needing active development so it is probably not going to graduate from incubation
  2. Other
    • Maven repo
      • Some users are asking for maven repo to get Gemini components from
      • Web uses a maven repo but it is in Virgo project folders
      • We should be using a maven repo in the Gemini parent folder
      • Action: Mike to create a folder for maven repo